• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Papajoe OFFLINE  

Papajoe
  • Member No: 86944
  • 2 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted September 12, 2017 - 01:49 PM

On my Sunstar the throttle goes all the way to hi but works itself back down and I have hold it in place. Is there an adjustment I can make, or something I can do to stop this? Thank you in advance.

#2 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 9,872 Thanks
  • 5,514 posts

Posted September 12, 2017 - 02:30 PM

Is the throttle lever sliding back to 'slow' position as things vibrate?  If so, put a slight bend in the exposed area when the setting is on slow (Machine off) and it will bind in the casing..

OR:

Look up the (B&S?) engine service manual for more on it.  Post up the Model # and code # and maybe someone will be able to cite facts from memory..  

• Papajoe said thank you

#3 Papajoe OFFLINE  

Papajoe
  • 2 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted September 12, 2017 - 05:22 PM

Is the throttle lever sliding back to 'slow' position as things vibrate?  If so, put a slight bend in the exposed area when the setting is on slow (Machine off) and it will bind in the casing.

Well it moves back down but quite to the position.

#4 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 9,008 Thanks
  • 6,174 posts

Posted September 12, 2017 - 08:02 PM

Look where the throttle lever rotates on the mounting bracket.  Some have a lock nut to adjust the tension.  If that's the case with yours, snug that nut up a bit.  If it is riveted, have to remove the throttle bracket from the tractor.  Lay the head of the rivet on a hard solid surface and using a ball pien hammer, strike the mushroomed end of the rivet till the throttle feels like it will stay where you put it.   Might have to do this a couple times to get it right but don't go to far or it will be real hard to move.  Good luck. I have had to do this with several of mine.

Edited by chieffan, September 12, 2017 - 08:04 PM.

• Papajoe said thank you

#5 Papajoe OFFLINE  

Papajoe
  • 2 Thanks
  • 19 posts

Posted September 13, 2017 - 07:54 AM

Look where the throttle lever rotates on the mounting bracket.  Some have a lock nut to adjust the tension.  If that's the case with yours, snug that nut up a bit.  If it is riveted, have to remove the throttle bracket from the tractor.  Lay the head of the rivet on a hard solid surface and using a ball pien hammer, strike the mushroomed end of the rivet till the throttle feels like it will stay where you put it.   Might have to do this a couple times to get it right but don't go to far or it will be real hard to move.  Good luck. I have had to do this with several of mine.

Great thank you. I will check this tonight.