#16 GTpicker01 OFFLINE  

GTpicker01

GT Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 42575
  • 744 Thanks
  • 617 posts

Posted January 23, 2018 - 02:21 PM

Well I got everything wired up and nice and the generator wouldn't turn over over.......hmm. So I took it off and took it apart and it had some weird gunk on the actuator. So I sanded that off and installed a new set of brushes from isavetractors.com and bench tested it. Worked great. So I needed to clean the posts as they were rusty and covered in grease/oil. The threads rusted off on the A post.........not sure how to fix that issue. I'm sure it will work now once I get the newest problem figured out. Had to put on new points and a condenser, ignition switch, and spark plug as well. Also, got the gas tank cleaned up on the inside and re-threaded the hole on the bottom. Got a small brass pipe to solder in so I can screw a fuel bowl on it. Slowly, but surely. 

• Bolens800uk and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#17 Bolens800uk OFFLINE  

Bolens800uk
  • Member No: 63893
  • 1,845 Thanks
  • 1,208 posts

Posted January 26, 2018 - 05:44 PM

That's one cool looking tractor. If that were mine I would give it a good service and perhaps replace the wiring loom but keep the bodywork as it is as I think the patina is spot on in my opinion. Great score!

#18 GTpicker01 OFFLINE  

GTpicker01

GT Addict

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 42575
  • 744 Thanks
  • 617 posts

Posted February 05, 2018 - 12:18 PM

Does anyone know if a farmall cub steering wheel will fit on a panzer? They look the same, and I am not having a ton of luck finding a panzer steering wheel.

• Mark 149 J. said thank you