• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Jake OFFLINE  

Jake

• Member No: 1241
  • 237 Thanks
  • 135 posts

Posted September 10, 2017 - 10:50 AM

I got a John Deere 312 with a sundstrand 15 U in it. If I rotate the charge pump so I can change the input rotation will this change the out put rotation? ( If I push the f-r lever forward will I go forward or backward) thanks for the help

#2 diesel nut OFFLINE  

diesel nut
  • Member No: 7572
  • 619 Thanks
  • 392 posts

Posted September 10, 2017 - 01:29 PM

Are you trying to make the tractor run so the engine, steering and hood are now the back of the tractor?  I believe with that hydro if you rotate the charge pump it won't change the rotation it will just stop working.  Ran into that issue at work once http://gardentractor...ulics-or-drive/  If your looking to make it run backwards by changing the rotation you'd probably have to turn the engine around and then maybe rotating the charge pump will work.  There's a few members on here that are better versed in how these pumps work than me and hopefully they'll be along soon to help.                                 Stewart

#3 Jake OFFLINE  

Jake

• Member No: 1241
  • 237 Thanks
  • 135 posts

Posted September 10, 2017 - 01:48 PM

Are you trying to make the tractor run so the engine, steering and hood are now the back of the tractor?  I believe with that hydro if you rotate the charge pump it won't change the rotation it will just stop working.  Ran into that issue at work once http://gardentractor...ulics-or-drive/  If your looking to make it run backwards by changing the rotation you'd probably have to turn the engine around and then maybe rotating the charge pump will work.  There's a few members on here that are better versed in how these pumps work than me and hopefully they'll be along soon to help.                                 Stewart

I am thinking of building a articulating garden tractor. Like to turn the front axle around so they face one another so I will have to turn one pump backwards. I now by rotating the charge pump 180 that will change the input shaft rotation. Just need to now if it will change the rotation of the output shaft

#4 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 38,491 Thanks
  • 30,608 posts

Posted September 10, 2017 - 05:11 PM

Yes, I believe it will change the output. On my sundstrand 15 in line, when I reversed input rotation, forward became reverse and vice-versa. I will change orientation of my control levers to get controls back to normal.
  • Jake said thank you

#5 Kyocum OFFLINE  

Kyocum

• Member No: 6171
  • 298 Thanks
  • 423 posts

Posted September 11, 2017 - 04:39 PM

I'm not so sure that will work running the pump backwards.I thought they were designed to pick oil up in one direction only.

#6 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 38,491 Thanks
  • 30,608 posts

Posted September 11, 2017 - 05:24 PM

I'm not so sure that will work running the pump backwards.I thought they were designed to pick oil up in one direction only.

It works for sure.  My Hogzilla is a 15U and running reversed rotation.  You simply rotate the charge pump 180*.  It still pulls & pushes the oil the same route this way.