• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 nittanelion OFFLINE  

nittanelion
  • Member No: 88262
  • 1 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted September 08, 2017 - 10:04 PM

Hi all! My dad has a wooden cart that he has asked me to help him sell. I'm trying to get some info. on it. It is wood with "wings", a tailgate, a board for a seat with a DB logo, and some sort of bracket for attaching it to the tractor. I have done some searching online but am having trouble finding info. on it. Any help on the age, rarity, and/or approximate value would be helpful. Thank you

#2 dbresto OFFLINE  

dbresto
  • Member No: 87810
  • 7 Thanks
  • 12 posts

Posted September 08, 2017 - 11:01 PM

Hi all! My dad has a wooden cart that he has asked me to help him sell. I'm trying to get some info. on it. It is wood with "wings", a tailgate, a board for a seat with a DB logo, and some sort of bracket for attaching it to the tractor. I have done some searching online but am having trouble finding info. on it. Any help on the age, rarity, and/or approximate value would be helpful. Thank you

I'm guessing you're talking about something that looks like this. 25_dollar_big_5.jpg

This is your manual I think and you would have the flared sides which according to my paperwork is an aftermarket accessory. Attached File  57565.pdf   1.05MB   17 downloads

It's called a GEN 3 HAULING CART and the numbers on your tag should say 917.57565

• boyscout862, LilysDad and MGP59DB have said thanks

#3 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 12,013 Thanks
  • 8,790 posts

Posted September 08, 2017 - 11:27 PM

Welcome to GTT. As you can see, we like to help. Post some pics of your cart. Good Luck, Rick

#4 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Millennium Falcon

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 12,495 Thanks
  • 9,327 posts

Posted September 09, 2017 - 06:34 AM

I'm surprised that something like that is still in good condition. It must be somewhat rare, no?

#5 nittanelion OFFLINE  

nittanelion
  • 1 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted September 09, 2017 - 07:19 AM

Here are some pics.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2440.JPG
  • IMG_2443.JPG
  • IMG_2438.JPG
  • IMG_2444.JPG
  • IMG_2448.JPG
  • IMG_2447.JPG
  • IMG_2445.JPG

• wespete66 said thank you

#6 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,714 Thanks
  • 7,423 posts

Posted September 09, 2017 - 09:57 AM

Please sell that to a collector. I had been looking for one of those for five years starting a decade ago. Gave up the search when I started collecting brands other than David Bradley. If I was still in the market for one I would be making an offer.
  • nittanelion said thank you

#7 nittanelion OFFLINE  

nittanelion
  • 1 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted September 09, 2017 - 01:39 PM

From what I can tell from the manual, it appears that these were made in the 50's. Can anyone confirm that?

#8 nittanelion OFFLINE  

nittanelion
  • 1 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted September 09, 2017 - 01:42 PM

Please sell that to a collector. I had been looking for one of those for five years starting a decade ago. Gave up the search when I started collecting brands other than David Bradley. If I was still in the market for one I would be making an offer.

Can you give me an idea of the value to a serious collector? My dad isn't looking to get top dollar, but he also doesn't want to sell it to someone who will just resell it and make more than he does. Thank you.

#9 WHdbJD ONLINE  

WHdbJD

• Member No: 8367
  • 663 Thanks
  • 508 posts

Posted September 09, 2017 - 06:27 PM

PM sent