Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Welcome to Garden Tractor Talk Forums

GTtalk is the place to go if you are a garden tractor collector or someone looking for information on your favorite tractor. We have interactive forums, registry, tractor / implement manuals, photo galleries, articles, show coverage, tech tips, how tos, classifieds and much more.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which provides limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, vote on polls, upload images and attachments as well as many other special features. Registration is quick and easy and best of all completely free!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Photo
- - - - -

Snowblower for 1655/1855/1650/1850 or alternative

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Coachw34 OFFLINE  

Coachw34

• Member No: 4353
  • 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 04:42 PM

I am looking for a snowblower for this tractor. However I am seeing it is difficult to find one. Is there an alternative company (ariens, simplicity, etc) that made a snowblower that might attach with little modifications?

Thanks,

Mike (new to forum)

#2 Stoneman OFFLINE  

Stoneman

Masseyholic

• Member No: 1763
  • 26 Thanks
  • 157 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 07:27 PM

What tractor do you exactly have? the 50 series use a belt driven blower (42'') and the 55's used a shaft driven blower (48''). I think sears/craftman used the same blowers, but i do know that they do not bolt right up. Where are you locatated? Someone might be able to help you out near by...... possibly me.

and last....... :welcome: to GTtalk

Edited by Stoneman, June 24, 2011 - 07:33 PM.

#3 Coachw34 OFFLINE  

Coachw34

• 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 08:03 PM

I have a 1655 with the shaft drive. I am sorry. I thought the 50 series snapper was the same tractor. That is a big difference. O)

#4 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 297 Thanks
  • 1,084 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 08:11 PM

When I bought my MF 1655 it came with a Ariens snowblower 48" dual stage.The previous owner had made mounts out of 3" x1/4 flat bar.I didn't think it worked to well so I made a differnt mount out of 1x1 sq tubing and made it quick attach to the tractor.I don't have the Ariens attached to the 1655 as I've made it to fit onto a different tractor.Last fall I made a 38" snapper dual stage blower into a 48" wide blower and made it fit onto the MF 1655.I don't know how to post the link to it . Its posted in the Mechanical Forum under Snapper 38" blower made into 48" Do a search and its there.Larry

Edited by massey driver, June 24, 2011 - 08:17 PM.

#5 Coachw34 OFFLINE  

Coachw34

• 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 08:21 PM

Thanks. I just read your work and that was incredible. I don't think I could do that. I am hoping if can find an original snowblower or a snowblower by another make that has a shaft drive. I think I have the ability to create a mount as long as I can connect the pto. I saw a gravely snowblower that was shaft drive. Once I have makes of blowers I can start my search for them along with my search for an original blower.

mike

Edited by Coachw34, June 24, 2011 - 08:36 PM.

#6 ErnRemy OFFLINE  

ErnRemy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1300
  • 18 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted July 03, 2011 - 11:07 PM

I will be mounting 46 inch haban (sears) snow blower on my 1655 later this year. This snow blower is belt driven off of a vertical shaft engine. the thing with this blower it there is a 90 degree gear box at the back of the blower where it attaches to the frame under your feet. This gear box drives a shaft that travels forward to the front of the snow blower to drive the fan and auger. I will be removing the gear box and building a shaft on pillow blocks that will run pulleys (sprockets) down to the shaft under the snow blower . This upper shaft will be driven by the same pto shaft that drives the belly mount mower.sears_craftsman_842.242560 Front Lift Assembly.jpg The gearbox pulley and idler pulley will be gone and that is where I will mount the driven shaft from the front PTO. Not sure if I will drive the lower shaft with chain or pulley.
the pulley will be quieter but the chain will be positive in the snow conditions here is a web page with a little better picture as to how the shaft is driven underneath the blower frame
http://www.searspart...Mod=&SID=CJxPDx

#7 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• Contributor
  • 297 Thanks
  • 1,084 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 08:41 AM

Just to save you some extra work possibly?? Check the rotation of everything to make sure it'll all be turning in the right direction.When I took the blower from my MF 1655 and mounted it to my MF gc 2300 I mounted it all up to fit and the first time I turned it on the blower was running backwards.The front pto on one rotated cw and ccw on the other so lesson learned.Larry

#8 ErnRemy OFFLINE  

ErnRemy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1300
  • 18 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 06:44 PM

here are some pictures of the real snow blower and yes the rotation is correct I am hoping this thing throws snow to no end. As you can see the gear box that will be removed and a shaft on pillow blocks will sit where the driven pulley is now with pulleys ( sprockets) driving down to the lower shaft. This blower is very well built should last a long time:smile1:IMG_0919.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0921.jpg
  • IMG_0924.jpg
  • IMG_0923.jpg
  • IMG_0922.jpg
  • IMG_0920.jpg

#9 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• Contributor
  • 297 Thanks
  • 1,084 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 07:16 PM

That sure looks like it'll work.After seeing the pics I can sure see what your intending on doing.It looks like a good unit and should blow snow.Thanks for the pics.Larry