• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 Coachw34 OFFLINE  

Coachw34

• Member No: 4353
  • 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 04:42 PM

I am looking for a snowblower for this tractor. However I am seeing it is difficult to find one. Is there an alternative company (ariens, simplicity, etc) that made a snowblower that might attach with little modifications?

Thanks,

Mike (new to forum)

#2 Stoneman OFFLINE  

Stoneman

Masseyholic

• Member No: 1763
  • 26 Thanks
  • 157 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 07:27 PM

What tractor do you exactly have? the 50 series use a belt driven blower (42'') and the 55's used a shaft driven blower (48''). I think sears/craftman used the same blowers, but i do know that they do not bolt right up. Where are you locatated? Someone might be able to help you out near by...... possibly me.

and last....... :welcome: to GTtalk

Edited by Stoneman, June 24, 2011 - 07:33 PM.

#3 Coachw34 OFFLINE  

Coachw34

• 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 08:03 PM

I have a 1655 with the shaft drive. I am sorry. I thought the 50 series snapper was the same tractor. That is a big difference. O)

#4 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 366 Thanks
  • 1,112 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 08:11 PM

When I bought my MF 1655 it came with a Ariens snowblower 48" dual stage.The previous owner had made mounts out of 3" x1/4 flat bar.I didn't think it worked to well so I made a differnt mount out of 1x1 sq tubing and made it quick attach to the tractor.I don't have the Ariens attached to the 1655 as I've made it to fit onto a different tractor.Last fall I made a 38" snapper dual stage blower into a 48" wide blower and made it fit onto the MF 1655.I don't know how to post the link to it . Its posted in the Mechanical Forum under Snapper 38" blower made into 48" Do a search and its there.Larry

Edited by massey driver, June 24, 2011 - 08:17 PM.

#5 Coachw34 OFFLINE  

Coachw34

• 0 Thanks
  • 10 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 08:21 PM

Thanks. I just read your work and that was incredible. I don't think I could do that. I am hoping if can find an original snowblower or a snowblower by another make that has a shaft drive. I think I have the ability to create a mount as long as I can connect the pto. I saw a gravely snowblower that was shaft drive. Once I have makes of blowers I can start my search for them along with my search for an original blower.

mike

Edited by Coachw34, June 24, 2011 - 08:36 PM.

#6 ErnRemy OFFLINE  

ErnRemy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1300
  • 18 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted July 03, 2011 - 11:07 PM

I will be mounting 46 inch haban (sears) snow blower on my 1655 later this year. This snow blower is belt driven off of a vertical shaft engine. the thing with this blower it there is a 90 degree gear box at the back of the blower where it attaches to the frame under your feet. This gear box drives a shaft that travels forward to the front of the snow blower to drive the fan and auger. I will be removing the gear box and building a shaft on pillow blocks that will run pulleys (sprockets) down to the shaft under the snow blower . This upper shaft will be driven by the same pto shaft that drives the belly mount mower.sears_craftsman_842.242560 Front Lift Assembly.jpg The gearbox pulley and idler pulley will be gone and that is where I will mount the driven shaft from the front PTO. Not sure if I will drive the lower shaft with chain or pulley.
the pulley will be quieter but the chain will be positive in the snow conditions here is a web page with a little better picture as to how the shaft is driven underneath the blower frame
http://www.searspart...Mod=&SID=CJxPDx

#7 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• Contributor
  • 366 Thanks
  • 1,112 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 08:41 AM

Just to save you some extra work possibly?? Check the rotation of everything to make sure it'll all be turning in the right direction.When I took the blower from my MF 1655 and mounted it to my MF gc 2300 I mounted it all up to fit and the first time I turned it on the blower was running backwards.The front pto on one rotated cw and ccw on the other so lesson learned.Larry

#8 ErnRemy OFFLINE  

ErnRemy

Tractorholic

• Member No: 1300
  • 18 Thanks
  • 148 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 06:44 PM

here are some pictures of the real snow blower and yes the rotation is correct I am hoping this thing throws snow to no end. As you can see the gear box that will be removed and a shaft on pillow blocks will sit where the driven pulley is now with pulleys ( sprockets) driving down to the lower shaft. This blower is very well built should last a long time:smile1:IMG_0919.jpg

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0921.jpg
  • IMG_0924.jpg
  • IMG_0923.jpg
  • IMG_0922.jpg
  • IMG_0920.jpg

#9 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• Contributor
  • 366 Thanks
  • 1,112 posts

Posted July 04, 2011 - 07:16 PM

That sure looks like it'll work.After seeing the pics I can sure see what your intending on doing.It looks like a good unit and should blow snow.Thanks for the pics.Larry