• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 speedbird OFFLINE  

speedbird
  • Member No: 8857
  • 279 Thanks
  • 146 posts

Posted September 03, 2017 - 09:21 AM

I just picked up this tractor and plow. It looks like there was a ID tag on the chassis that is missing. It is painted yellow with green wheels, but it looks as if the original colours could have been red chassis and yellow wheels. It has a B&S model 9 engine that is painted red. Can anyone tell what make it is?

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF6545.JPG
  • DSCF6544.JPG
  • DSCF6546.JPG
  • DSCF6547.JPG
  • DSCF6548.JPG

• boyscout862, New.Canadian.DB.Owner, jd.rasentrac and 1 other said thanks

#2 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,325 Thanks
  • 1,496 posts

Posted September 03, 2017 - 11:16 AM

It was made by Waterloo Manufacturing Company Limited and sold through Simpson (pre-Simspon Sears) as a Supremacy Model 30.  Should have a Briggs model 9 engine.  Can you get me the engine code off the engine?  If I know when the engine was made, I can give you an approximate serial number.

• Gtractor, Alc and jd.rasentrac have said thanks

#3 speedbird OFFLINE  

speedbird
  • Member No: 8857
  • 279 Thanks
  • 146 posts

Posted September 04, 2017 - 11:20 AM

Thanks for the information. I wondered if it was a Waterloo. Is the fact that it was sold through Simpsons  account for the original colour being painted over?  It is a model 9 engine type #201010, serial #26740 , but no code. I find that early B&S's either don't have a code date or put it where I don't see it.  Them. The engine doesn't have much compression but the tires still have some nubs on them. I bought it to get some parts that came with it and to keep it out of the wrecking yard,, so if someone is interested  I would pass it and the plow on.

Floyd.