Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,629 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 09:30 AM

I read almost all the posts on the site , I really enjoy the troubleshooting ones . Even though I may never own a Case, Bolens ,WH ect. some of the basic troubleshooting is the same . It also keeps things fresh in your mind . Just the other night the JD318 battery light came on . It's been awhile since I worked on a charging problem on a small engine .I remembered reading a thread on checking a voltage regulator , knew to check the a/c wires , had 31 vac , only 12.3 on the center dc terminal , no voltage drop from regulator case to ground , dug out a old regulator that I saved ( I save everything !!) and was back cutting grass in less then 1/2 hour . I've learned some pretty cool hydraulic testing and plumbing , rust removal , the way some things can be repaired without replacing them . Attachments people have , make or modified . The progress on the builds are fun to follow up too. Watching something rise up from the scrap yard to a like new condition is great !!! Thanks to all GTtalk members , Al
  • KennyP said thank you

#2 Texas Deere and Horse OFFLINE  

Texas Deere and Horse

RED Wild Hogs, Horses & Deeres

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1435
  • 14,464 Thanks
  • 15,392 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 10:14 AM

I love reading the old post also Al, I learn stuff every day from this site. It's great to have these resources to use.

#3 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 4,493 Thanks
  • 7,341 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 11:37 AM

I usually read anything that I think I want to read, even JD stuff, because you never know when a problem's solution, a project idea, or even a good tire selection will have crossover applications for other brands.

#4 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,459 Thanks
  • 6,629 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 01:41 PM

Forgot to mention all the tips I picked up on gardening too.

#5 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,518 Thanks
  • 39,736 posts

Posted June 26, 2011 - 06:54 AM

I snoop around around in most all the threads. You can learn a lot and yes, a lot does apply to different makes. I have learned a lot of things doing this. I notice a lot of answers to questions are from someone who has a different make. Glad we have members who share their knowledge. To me, that makes this a very special forum. I don't know as much as others, but once in a while I make a comment about something that helps. And I am very happy to do that, plus I am learning by reading. Great bunch of members here that I can thank every day for their help and concerns for others.