6 replies to this topic

#1 RustyTub OFFLINE  

RustyTub

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2702
  • 21 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted June 23, 2011 - 08:26 PM

So I saw a david bradly walk behind on craigslist. It says make offer has a bad picture also says the head is missing. I will link the ad asap. What would be a fair offer. Thanks in advance. I have emailed the guy. So hopefully something can be worked out. Antique David Bradley 2 wheel garden tractor

#2 El Exorcisto OFFLINE  

El Exorcisto

• Member No: 4241
  • 15 Thanks
  • 43 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 12:50 AM

It's all a matter of what it is worth to you. Are you buying it to restore meticulously, or as a work horse? Missing the head, you'll probably have an easier time replacing the engine than hunting down a head for what is on it. Besides, it is probably full of mud wasp nests and cobwebs. I replaced an old Briggs with Harbor Freight's 212cc Predator on a 1959 Ariens tiller and it runs like a top for the low price of $149 out the door. Offer the guy $50 citing you'll have at least $100 in a new engine for it. If you are going for the complete authentic restoration, I personally would pass on it.
  • RustyTub said thank you

#3 RustyTub OFFLINE  

RustyTub

Tractorholic

• 21 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 01:39 AM

Not an authentic restoration, but it would be cool to clean up and use around the property.

I restored.an old mang jr last year and I really had fun with that. Not an authentic restore but a complete dismantle clean paint, and then used it non stop to till with.

#4 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 7,494 Thanks
  • 14,652 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 03:54 AM

If it is all there other then the head maybe $100 - $150. Like El mentioned you might have an easier time finding another engine for it then just a head. You also won't be able to hear it run so I based my offer for a non runner.

#5 RustyTub OFFLINE  

RustyTub

Tractorholic

• 21 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 02:14 PM

Well he is wanting 150-200 is what he said, I was hoping more for around 100. I may go look at it on sunday. Just thought that would be a cool addition to the yard working tools.

#6 wvbuzzmaster ONLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 2,222 Thanks
  • 5,812 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 06:08 PM

I was going to stay out of this but it is time for me to speak. I have about 2 dozen David Bradley walk behinds and that one I would offer around 50-80 bucks. It's not all there, an d not restored. Even restored they don't bring all that much, mabey $250. And if there aren't any implements I would pass at $150. If there are any implements at all in usable condition then it is worth $150 tops.

#7 RustyTub OFFLINE  

RustyTub

Tractorholic

• 21 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 06:14 PM

It has a set of Tines for it, but I think that is it. I will offer 75.00 and let it go at that. this is the first Bradley Walk behind I have seen localy. Here on the west coast we dont have the amount of this stuff that it seems you guys have out east.