Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Welcome to Garden Tractor Talk Forums

GTtalk is the place to go if you are a garden tractor collector or someone looking for information on your favorite tractor. We have interactive forums, registry, tractor / implement manuals, photo galleries, articles, show coverage, tech tips, how tos, classifieds and much more.

You are currently viewing our site as a guest which provides limited access. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate with other members, vote on polls, upload images and attachments as well as many other special features. Registration is quick and easy and best of all completely free!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Photo
- - - - -

value of a david bradly walk behind

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 RustyTub OFFLINE  

RustyTub

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2702
  • 21 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted June 23, 2011 - 08:26 PM

So I saw a david bradly walk behind on craigslist. It says make offer has a bad picture also says the head is missing. I will link the ad asap. What would be a fair offer. Thanks in advance. I have emailed the guy. So hopefully something can be worked out. Antique David Bradley 2 wheel garden tractor

#2 El Exorcisto OFFLINE  

El Exorcisto

• Member No: 4241
  • 15 Thanks
  • 43 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 12:50 AM

It's all a matter of what it is worth to you. Are you buying it to restore meticulously, or as a work horse? Missing the head, you'll probably have an easier time replacing the engine than hunting down a head for what is on it. Besides, it is probably full of mud wasp nests and cobwebs. I replaced an old Briggs with Harbor Freight's 212cc Predator on a 1959 Ariens tiller and it runs like a top for the low price of $149 out the door. Offer the guy $50 citing you'll have at least $100 in a new engine for it. If you are going for the complete authentic restoration, I personally would pass on it.
  • RustyTub said thank you

#3 RustyTub OFFLINE  

RustyTub

Tractorholic

• 21 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 01:39 AM

Not an authentic restoration, but it would be cool to clean up and use around the property.

I restored.an old mang jr last year and I really had fun with that. Not an authentic restore but a complete dismantle clean paint, and then used it non stop to till with.

#4 NUTNDUN OFFLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 6,402 Thanks
  • 13,917 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 03:54 AM

If it is all there other then the head maybe $100 - $150. Like El mentioned you might have an easier time finding another engine for it then just a head. You also won't be able to hear it run so I based my offer for a non runner.

#5 RustyTub OFFLINE  

RustyTub

Tractorholic

• 21 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 02:14 PM

Well he is wanting 150-200 is what he said, I was hoping more for around 100. I may go look at it on sunday. Just thought that would be a cool addition to the yard working tools.

#6 wvbuzzmaster OFFLINE  

wvbuzzmaster

Squeaky Wheel

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1792
  • 2,065 Thanks
  • 5,704 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 06:08 PM

I was going to stay out of this but it is time for me to speak. I have about 2 dozen David Bradley walk behinds and that one I would offer around 50-80 bucks. It's not all there, an d not restored. Even restored they don't bring all that much, mabey $250. And if there aren't any implements I would pass at $150. If there are any implements at all in usable condition then it is worth $150 tops.

#7 RustyTub OFFLINE  

RustyTub

Tractorholic

• 21 Thanks
  • 137 posts

Posted June 24, 2011 - 06:14 PM

It has a set of Tines for it, but I think that is it. I will offer 75.00 and let it go at that. this is the first Bradley Walk behind I have seen localy. Here on the west coast we dont have the amount of this stuff that it seems you guys have out east.