• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Racinbob OFFLINE  

Racinbob
  • Member No: 55951
  • 76 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted August 28, 2017 - 03:06 PM

I'm helping my nieces husband with an electrical issue on his Cub 123. It's not charging. He put a new regulator on it and still nothing. I checked the S/G and it's good. All the connections are good. I felt it would be a good idea to pull the S/G and have it tested which he did and that confirmed that it was good. Some of the wiring looks questionable and I told him I'd make a new wiring harness for it. Now here's what's baffling me. Every diagram and parts list shows a 3-wire regulator. He put a 4-wire on it with the additional 'L' terminal to divert the load. Is this correct for a 123 with lights? I'll fess up folks. I'm a Wheel Horse guy and this is the first Cub I've worked on. :wave:

• KennyP and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#2 Racinbob OFFLINE  

Racinbob
  • Member No: 55951
  • 76 Thanks
  • 68 posts

Posted August 29, 2017 - 02:36 PM

Two Cubs that use the 4-wire regulator are the 70 and 100. Without having the tractor in front of me I'm thinking that sometime in the past the wrong regulator was installed and wired incorrectly causing the no charge condition. When I do get the tractor here I'm hoping to minimize the troubleshooting. Should this 123 be wired according to the 70/100 wiring diagram? I have no idea how it's wired at this time.