6 replies to this topic

#1 CRFarnsworth ONLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 4,462 Thanks
  • 2,049 posts

Posted August 27, 2017 - 10:53 AM

I have a model 44C  mower deck, and mule drive/undercarriage.  It came off of a Cub Cadet 1541.

I installed it under my  Red Cub Cadet 682.  It is functional but the lift mechanism only moves about 1/2".  Evidently there is some thing different in the mule drive/undercarriage.  Is there a fix for this? 

Rick

• Mark 149 J. said thank you

#2 secondtry ONLINE  

secondtry
  • Member No: 83632
  • 1,349 Thanks
  • 1,089 posts

Posted August 27, 2017 - 11:11 AM

Lots of pictures will help. Don

#3 diesel nut ONLINE  

diesel nut
  • Member No: 7572
  • 660 Thanks
  • 409 posts

Posted August 27, 2017 - 02:18 PM

You need a mule drive, sub frame, and lift links for an 82 series or 1811 style tractor.  They look the same and will fit but the plastic nose/cyclops Cadets IIRC sit slightly higher than the earlier ones so the deck hangers are taller.  Like secondtry said pics will help narrow down what you have and what parts you need to put it on the 682.  The deck itself will fit all the way back to the wide frame tractors with just changing the double pulley on it, but the hangers are all different.  Hope this helps,    Stewart

• CRFarnsworth said thank you

#4 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 2,024 Thanks
  • 2,679 posts

Posted August 27, 2017 - 08:40 PM

Stupid "smart" phone and fat fingers don't match. I had a post 90 percent done and somehow deleted it and have no idea how.
So here starts again.

I have a 44c myself that I put onto a 1200. I had a similar issue with it where it would barely lift the deck at all. I have a total of 3 mule drives laying around. I swapped out the original one that I tried with another, and it was only slightly better than the other mule drive that I tried. I got it to lift" enough for me" by swapping different lift links from one of my spare mule drives that were welded shut, not slots any more, but rather just solid holes in the links. But I know it isn't really right. All of my mule drives "look alike". But they must not be?
  • CRFarnsworth said thank you

#5 EricFromPa ONLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 3,333 Thanks
  • 2,986 posts

Posted August 28, 2017 - 01:01 AM

Front spindles on a cyclops are a bit taller. Had the same problem with mule drives until I tracked down one of the spares i had from a 129.

Also the rod that has the spring wrapped around it for the auto tensioner is Way to big around and kept the 1440 mule drive I had from locking into the QA mech on the 582. It was hitting the bottom of the locks on both sides.no way to make it fit without grinding.

I have a spare narrow front undercarriage for a 44C deck but no spare mule drives. But I can get some measurements off of it if it will help. Let me know.  

Cyclops spindles

1440.jpg

82 series spindles

582.jpg

Edited by EricFromPa, August 28, 2017 - 01:02 AM.

• KennyP, CRFarnsworth and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#6 CRFarnsworth ONLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 4,462 Thanks
  • 2,049 posts

Posted August 28, 2017 - 07:08 PM

I put this back together today with a different undercarraige.  No one was sure what it came off of.  I can now get about 1&1/2" of lift.

I could find no noticable difference between the two undercarraiges.  At this point I'm happy with what I got.  I only use this combination for mulching leaves in the fall.   That yellow deck sure is ugly under the red G.T.

Thanks for the responses, and sorry I didn't get back to you sooner.   Rick

#7 dodge trucker OFFLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 2,024 Thanks
  • 2,679 posts

Posted August 28, 2017 - 07:28 PM

Red + yellow... Sounds like something a Washington Redskins fan might have