• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 ncb OFFLINE  

ncb
  • Member No: 3755
  • 51 Thanks
  • 215 posts

Posted June 27, 2011 - 12:57 AM

I bow in humble thanks. that was exactly what i needed. now i can strip that puppy with the confidance that i almost sorta kinda justabout know what the heck i will be looking for. I thought i had the kohler manual but it must have been the MF provided minimal version. It sure didnt have that info or pics. THANKS AGAIN BG.

#17 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 28,414 Thanks
  • 39,663 posts

Posted June 27, 2011 - 04:25 AM

Guys, that manual and the service manuals are in the engine section of our manual downloads. Check them out. Top of Forum Page, Manuals.
  • ncb said thank you

#18 Billygoat OFFLINE  

Billygoat

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2454
  • 76 Thanks
  • 206 posts

Posted June 27, 2011 - 09:42 AM

I have that link on "speed dial", thats why I sent him there instead of the manuals section here.

#19 ncb OFFLINE  

ncb
  • 51 Thanks
  • 215 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 12:07 AM

update on motor tick. took the motor out today , popped off the oil pan and discovered my original suspicion was correct. The actuation spring was the problem.It wasnt broken,it was gone. not even any pieces in the bottom of the pan. i was not expecting that. Previous owner must have cleaned out the remains but didnt replace the spring. my original post stated i pushed actuation spring and it moved about 1/2 inch. I was wrong , It was the tip of the small flyweight . nobody could have helped when i am giving incorrect info rite from the start. The noise was louder than a valve tick but way less than any piston pin,con rod,bottom end knock i have ever heard plus it was only loud at idle and vanished by about 2000 rpm. I guess at idle the flyweight could flop up and down causing the noise but pin themselves at their outer travel limit with increased rpm. the rest of the internals look perfect. I will look closer to make sure spring didnt jam itself out of veiw only to create havoc down the road. Thanks again to all who responded ,In particular Billygoat for pointing to the correct manual. And on a side note OMG olcowhand 6000 and whatever posts, How do you deal with keyboard cramp and computer seat rroids.... Im just sayin.

#20 Billygoat OFFLINE  

Billygoat

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2454
  • 76 Thanks
  • 206 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 06:10 AM

Rex, You're entirely welcome. I'm glad to hear that it was "just a spring". Are those replaceable, or do you have to get another cam?

#21 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,605 Thanks
  • 29,834 posts

Posted June 29, 2011 - 09:34 AM

And on a side note OMG olcowhand 6000 and whatever posts, How do you deal with keyboard cramp and computer seat rroids.... Im just sayin.

Preperation H for the hands & Icy Hot for the roids......oh wait, got that backwards....man would that fire up the roids! :bigrofl: I'm not the top poster, maybe not 2nd. But TV isn't worth watching most nights anyway!

#22 ncb OFFLINE  

ncb
  • 51 Thanks
  • 215 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 05:16 PM

The spring is available locally for 6 bucks ,12 bucks shipping,doesnt that figure. and it looks like it can be slipped over the cam and hooked over the flyweights with no further dissasembly. Gotta like that . all in all was as cheap and easy as i could have hoped for .

#23 JDBrian OFFLINE  

JDBrian

Super Moderator

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2507
  • 9,574 Thanks
  • 14,136 posts

Posted June 30, 2011 - 05:30 PM

Thats good news Rex. I just got my K321 back in the 314 and running. I have very little experience working on these engines but I was impressed with the quality. I still have a few issues to work through with mine - probably carb related. It's not running quite right, surging and stumbling every now and then.

#24 ncb OFFLINE  

ncb
  • 51 Thanks
  • 215 posts

Posted July 01, 2011 - 12:55 AM

massey ferguson 004.jpg This one is messed up more than probably shows in pictures , fixable but ultimately easier to cut and bend a new one , Steel i have is twice as thick too , Like extra weight is a problem on a tractor .

Attached Thumbnails

• massey ferguson 010.jpg
  • massey ferguson 006.jpg
  • massey ferguson 005.jpg
  • massey ferguson 008.jpg
  • massey ferguson 009.jpg
  • massey ferguson 011.jpg
  • massey ferguson 012.jpg