#1 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 75
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted April 02, 2010 - 02:11 PM

:bounce:Instead of building a soil screener [especially after pricing steel] I made a tooth bar that I can bolt onto the bucket of either the MF 1655 or the GC2300.It'll make it easier to drag the roots and stones out after spreading the top soil.What I do is get a bucket full of soil drive to a new spot spread out the soil back blade then pick out the stones and roots,then throw them into a pile.This time it should be way better the tooth bar will hopefully pull the roots back like a rake and then any big stones will be showing,easier to pick.I'll have the other tractor sitting close by and throw the roots,stones into it's bucket and then when its full dump it into a low spot that I've been putting stuff like that in.I have to wait for it to dry up and the frost to come out as well.I salvaged the 1 " round rod for a old JD oneway,it was the old crank handle so because of wanting 9 teeth spaced 6" apart I could only make them 4" long.I had a piece of 2 1/2" flat bar that I cut to 48" long and thats what I welded the teeth to. As you can see in one of the pictures I used my helper to help me drill the holes into the bucket.:laughingteeth:I use the hockey stick as a lever and the jackstand as a fulcrum to make drilling underneath stuff like this easier.Learnt this trick years ago working in the heavy construction industry.Sure makes drilling holes a lot easier then trying to push the drill through on it's own.You can also use a chain as a fulcrum as well,plus many different things for the lever as well.Larry.:D

Attached Thumbnails

• MF 1655's new too.jpg
  • MF 1655's new too.jpg
  • MF 1655's new too.jpg
  • MF 1655's new too.jpg

#2 tractormike OFFLINE  

tractormike

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 119
  • 162 Thanks
  • 1,488 posts

Posted April 03, 2010 - 12:12 PM

That looks like a good idea. I might have to copy it. I have a bunch of brush to move with my Sears and loader. It is hard to grab much brush with the standard bucket.

#3 mjodrey OFFLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted April 03, 2010 - 01:40 PM

Hey, that looks great.

#4 tweidman OFFLINE  

tweidman

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 5
  • 250 Thanks
  • 797 posts

Posted April 04, 2010 - 07:43 AM

Nice, it looks pretty mean too.

#5 massey driver ONLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted April 04, 2010 - 07:58 AM

Nice, it looks pretty mean too.

It sure would be tough to use as a back scratcher,thats for sure.

#6 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • Member No: 0
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 04, 2010 - 09:33 PM

I've got something very similar on the front of my rear scraper blade. I can raise or lower the rake in front of the scraper, not a very good pic, but the tabs on the rake bolt into the scraper you can add spacers or not to raise or lower. The spikes will go about a 3 inches lower than the blade, which works good to tear up hard pack dirt/gravel. Raised to about 1 inch or less in front of the scrape,r and it does a great job as a leveler.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCF1080..JPG

#7 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted April 05, 2010 - 07:20 AM

I've got something very similar on the front of my rear scraper blade. I can raise or lower the rake in front of the scraper, not a very good pic, but the tabs on the rake bolt into the scraper you can add spacers or not to raise or lower. The spikes will go about a 3 inches lower than the blade, which works good to tear up hard pack dirt/gravel. Raised to about 1 inch or less in front of the scrape,r and it does a great job as a leveler.

Thats a good idea.I'll bet it will drag roots etc: out of the soil pretty good.It's a lot easier then using a hand rake that's for sure.Same thing to help loosen the hard packed what ever to make it easier to blade and level out,simple things like this make things easier to do.Good job.Larry

#8 NUTNDUN ONLINE  

NUTNDUN

Lost in Cyber Space

• Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 3
  • 10,266 Thanks
  • 15,618 posts

Posted April 06, 2010 - 02:43 PM

You guys and your loaders are making me jealous LOL. Looks great Larry and it does look mean like Todd said.

#9 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted April 06, 2010 - 05:02 PM

You guys and your loaders are making me jealous LOL. Looks great Larry and it does look mean like Todd said.

Besides my front loader, I have a "Caddigger" too! Just a very short video clip done about 3yrs ago, ground hard as concrete. Just got it going, and not too slick at operating yet at that time. Bought for $1000 and took $25 in surplus military engine parts to get her going.
Posted Image

#10 mjodrey ONLINE  

mjodrey

Accumulator

• Contributor
  • Member No: 92
  • 2,343 Thanks
  • 13,481 posts

Posted April 06, 2010 - 05:07 PM

That's a very handy piece of equipment isn't it Daniel ?

#11 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted April 06, 2010 - 05:16 PM

That's a very handy piece of equipment isn't it Daniel ?

Paid for itself it's 1st time out! Repaired my son's septic system, laid a new field tile to my septic system, dug up a field drainage tile where roots had stopped it up, and more. Would hate to be without it now!

#12 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 07, 2010 - 06:51 AM

does it run under its own power? How many wheels does it have, 3? Or do you have to tow it to the site?

#13 olcowhand ONLINE  

olcowhand

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • 35,571 Thanks
  • 29,821 posts

Posted April 07, 2010 - 08:50 AM

does it run under its own power? How many wheels does it have, 3? Or do you have to tow it to the site?

It has an old military 4 cylinder opposed engine. 2 wheels, and you tow it. Once there, you switch wheels to the back, put the outriggers on the front & start digging. You move it around with the bucket. Works slick too!

#14 Guest_hooligan_*

Guest_hooligan_*
  • Guests
  • 0 Thanks

Posted April 08, 2010 - 06:08 AM

Yep, real neat machine

#15 massey driver OFFLINE  

massey driver

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 1,072 Thanks
  • 1,443 posts

Posted April 08, 2010 - 07:40 AM

Looks like a pretty neat machine.I was in Princess Auto the other day and they had one very similar to that sitting on the floor for sale.Sale price I believe was $6000. You'd have to have lots of digging to spend that amount of money on that.Still its a pretty neat looking outfit and pretty sure the bunch of us here in GTT would like to have something like that to play with on our own place.Larry