5 replies to this topic

#1 akretowicz OFFLINE  

akretowicz

Tractorholic

• Member No: 2090
  • 233 Thanks
  • 308 posts

Posted August 23, 2017 - 09:56 AM

A Strunk Morwood, and John Deere 12.  And yes, they both run.  And run well, too.  The John Deere I refinished many years ago.  Made my own decals for this little project.  The Strunk I have also had for many years.  It is exactly as I bought it.  All original.  Will have to more than likely have to clean the carburetor before she will start again.  Last time I started it was around eight years ago.  John Deere I had running two weeks ago after sitting for almost ten years.  Added fresh gas, a dozen or so pulls, and she fired right up.  I always drain the gas completely out of them if they are going to sit for a while.  Which they mostly do.

Attached Thumbnails

• Chainsaw 001.JPG
  • Chainsaw 002.JPG
  • Chainsaw 003.JPG
  • Chainsaw 004.JPG

• Bolens 1000, Alc, hamman and 4 others have said thanks

#2 jimmy G ONLINE  

jimmy G
  • Member No: 78021
  • 1,099 Thanks
  • 721 posts

Posted August 23, 2017 - 10:25 AM

COOL, i collect old saws also,have some with the Fairbanks-Morris recoil like yours,i find the old saws interesting and some of them scary(direct drive), have one with oil tank in handle lol, i have a picture in my head of your JD saw in a green wagon pulled by a Johnny popper heading to the woods lol
  • akretowicz said thank you

#3 akretowicz OFFLINE  

akretowicz

Tractorholic

• 233 Thanks
  • 308 posts

Posted August 23, 2017 - 10:47 AM

COOL, i collect old saws also,have some with the Fairbanks-Morris recoil like yours,i find the old saws interesting and some of them scary(direct drive), have one with oil tank in handle lol, i have a picture in my head of your JD saw in a green wagon pulled by a Johnny popper heading to the woods lol

My Lombard has the Fairbanks recoil.  I have a couple more saws that are in storage now.  David Bradley, and a McCullough I-43 

#4 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 7,741 Thanks
  • 5,580 posts

Posted August 23, 2017 - 11:10 AM

Neat saws

I have an old Clinton that was given to me, it just sits on the shelf, don't even know if it would run or not.

• akretowicz said thank you

#5 tiretrx ONLINE  

tiretrx

Village Idiot

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8012
  • 2,086 Thanks
  • 1,172 posts

Posted August 23, 2017 - 12:29 PM

Cool CS's. I wouldn't say I'm a collector.....more a gatherer......just something about them.

#6 akretowicz OFFLINE  

akretowicz

Tractorholic

• 233 Thanks
  • 308 posts

Posted August 23, 2017 - 02:34 PM

Cool CS's. I wouldn't say I'm a collector.....more a gatherer......just something about them.

That is me, as well.  I only have five saws.  That's it.  Yes.  Something about them.

• tiretrx said thank you