• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 woodworker OFFLINE  

woodworker

• Member No: 4206
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted June 23, 2011 - 07:40 AM

Seems like I have no power to the wheels some times going up a grade, even low ramps on a trailer? Checked the drive level and it looks good and clean. This does not happen all the time but makes it hard to mow.

Attached Thumbnails

• DSCN4663.jpg
  • DSCN4662.jpg

#2 Tmo OFFLINE  

Tmo

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2023
  • 356 Thanks
  • 486 posts

Posted June 23, 2011 - 07:56 AM

Seems like I have no power to the wheels some times going up a grade, even low ramps on a trailer? Checked the drive level and it looks good and clean. This does not happen all the time but makes it hard to mow.

I believe these was one of the Auto gear drive tractors, which means it was a 6-speed gear drive, but with foot control. The problem with these is that most operators used them wrong, trying to drive them like a hydro using the foot controls to increase and decrease speed like they were a hydro. This was hard on the clutch and leads to clutch slipping. The way these were supposed to be driven was you selected your gear and then pressed the motion pedal, either forward or reverse, all the way down. When you stop completely removed your foot and hit the brake. I believe you could shim the clutch a little if it was slipping, but I would have to go over to OCC or to IHCC and do a search on how to do this. I would check those sites out or do a search here to see if the procedure can be found.

#3 ad356 OFFLINE  

ad356

Tractorholic

• Member No: 3766
  • 9 Thanks
  • 160 posts

Posted June 23, 2011 - 05:04 PM

the guy down the road had a 2130 he just sold recently. i readjusted the linkage under the tractor and it worked much better. im not a fan of mtd built cub cadets. must be the cheap steel that 2135 my parents bought was made of. when it comes to MTD doent run a snowblower off of the because you can hear them rust at night. they are OK for mowing just dont use them as a real tractor or in the winter. leave that for the tough old gals.

#4 woodworker OFFLINE  

woodworker

• Member No: 4206
  • 0 Thanks
  • 2 posts

Posted June 26, 2011 - 06:51 PM

thanks for thr info