1977 Economy Powerking by Austen2341.07%
Bolens Iseki G152 by BTS11.79%
2 Bolens 1050 in their wedding attire by Alberta Bolens47.14%
MF 12 by Propane58.93%
Massey 12 hydro by 101 Senior47.14%
1650 International Harvester Cub Cadet by Delmar11.79%
Forklift by James Bosma916.07%

#2 · (Edited by Moderator)
Voting for GTtalk Featured Tractor of the Month for the month of September has now officially started and will end the last day of August. This month's theme is open.

The winner will be featured on the GTtalk Home Page for the entire month of September 2017, and in our Featured Tractor Section for infinity.

We have 11 nominations this month. Before voting please be sure to check out all the entries in the posts below. Good Luck to all the entrants. Let the Voting Begin!

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
I would like to nominate my 1988 Cub Cadet 1211. I acquired this tractor in early spring of 2016 from a member over on the Cub forum, he bought it at an auction to flip and I just had to have it. It was a 6hr ride each way to pick it up from New Jersey.

When I got the Cub home I did all the usual stuff, pulled the head and flatten it, pull valves and clean them, decarbon the Piston, and a bunch of other general maintenance items. I sandblasted and painted the wheels and installed all new tires, I also installed the 3 point hitch. I wanted dual hydraulics so I bought a two spool valve and now have ports in the front and rear of the tractor, the levers for the valves were custom made by me and the powder coated in chrome to match the hydro speed lever. These pics were taken at PA plow day 2016 and the last pic was from a few weeks ago of it hanging out in the sun with all it's friends, when it's not plowing at a show it is my weekly mower.

Attachments

#4 · (Edited by Moderator)
I would like to Nominate my Grandson's 1988 JD 165 Hydro. This was given to us by a Police Commander that knew that I would fix it up rather than trash it. Well it got the full restore treatment,

http://gardentractortalk.com/forums/topic/53867-jd-165-hydro-little-john/page-1

He gave it to us to basically to keep from going to the recyclers. I excepted it because 1. It looked like a good candidate for my Grand Son to use (Hydro). And 2. I haven't had a John Dear yet. So I present..... Little John. I think my likes it, The wiring was ka-put. Engine spins, and has oil, but the reservoir under the seat was dry.

We started on in May 2016, and Rode it to town Maiden Voyage in November.

Not bad, 8 Months 7 Days for this restore. I have to say the deck is way more difficult to install than the Craftsman's or Roper's decks. Finally got it on. He want's to ride it every time he visits on the weekends now!

If I can add a plug, Here is his first mowing that he did yesterday. He had a great time with the 1.5 acres (I cleared around the trees).

Attachments

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Well, I'll enter my MF 14. It's a 1976 model. It is mainly used as a bulldozer for dirt and snow. It hauls out small stumps, I use the winch in the woods to help get wood for winter. It also has a deck for cutting grass, but that has not been used in a few years. It goes into parades and shows. It also pulls my manure spreader around some times for fun.

I got the tractor about 6 or 7 years ago from the second owner, who did the repair work on it for the first owner. I paid two hundred for it with the deck. It needed engine work, it ran, but smoked badly. So I fixed up the engine and been useing it on and off now, since the repairs. I installed the winch and bulldozer plow. I installed the rear flashing light, so people might, might see me and the end of my drive way while doing snow plowing. It's had it's troubles over the years, but most garden tractors do.

Thanks for lookin and readin,

Noel

Attachments

#6 ·
I would like to add mine to the list. It is a 1982 John Deere 400 Garden Tractor with a loader. I bought this from a local Massey dealer. It needed work which included a motor rebuild. I also sanded and painted it. It came w/ a 60" deck that was in very nice shape.( The Deck is currently for sale Guys). I then sold the John Deere to someone local. Last year I got a Bolens tractor and deck. The Man who bought the John Deere contacted me and said he needed the Bolens , I think for his camp. We traded the Bolens for the 400.

I got a loader, it was mounted on a Case and my Nephew Fabricated it to fit the 400. He is a really great welder. The loader works great and operates off the 400s internal hydraulics. While I have little work for it, it comes in handy when I do need it. While I am a Massey Guy, I have to admit, this is a very nice tractor. It isn't show perfect, but it's mine.

Attachments

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'll enter my 1977 Economy Powerking.

This tractor used to belong to the family next door who bought it new originally. I have fond memories as a little kid watching it in action during summers from across the chain link fence. In fact, as soon as I would hear the screech of the starter whirl from inside our house- (it's that loud) when they would fire it up in their garage I'd go running out to see it in action while they mowed. I used to think it was one of the neatest looking (and sounding) tractors as something like this is quite uncommon in our neck of the woods and I had never seen one like it. Fast forward to 2013 - a couple of decades later - I asked if I could buy it as they had not been using it for a few years and had also moved it outside where it was being stored under a tarp. To somewhat of a surprise, they let me buy it.

Since then, I have enjoyed using it, fixing it up where it needed it, and upgrading it as well to my style. I really didn't know much at all about these tractors but after researching them when I was considering buying it, I discovered this one didn't come with many options. I knew I still wanted one so I had briefly considered finding another one instead that was optioned better but that idea was quickly thrown under the rug as no other tractor would replace the emotional attachment to this particular one, which was more important to me. The manual lift had to go seeing my intended uses for it so I ended up tracking down a complete factory hydraulic lift setup from someone out of state. Most recently I purchased a secondary transmission setup for it as well which I'll be installing down the road when I restore it. Other things that some other things include changing the stance with custom made wheels spacers from Motorsport Tech, larger front and rear Carlisle tires, refinished/powdercoated rims, all new hydraulic hoses, taller 24" rear wheel model front king pins, battery box, weathered fasteners replaced with stainless where necessary, and a rear vintage style LED taillight.

bb4HUzfb.jpg
jNNeMrWb.jpg
aO2IfuEb.jpg
M9L4jcmb.jpg

Y8x0SdRb.jpg
BJf6CWHb.jpg
rYMEjtUb.jpg
t6HpsGbb.jpg

HK2n1u9b.jpg
qYskefPb.jpg
9xaETvSb.jpg
fYhf7E2b.jpg

kj593Wgb.jpg
jemzR97b.jpg
DLtJT6ab.jpg
mklRoO6b.jpg

This post has been promoted to an article

#8 · (Edited by Moderator)
I would like to nominate my Bolens Iseki G152, I bought this off of Craigslist, it was only 10 miles away which was shocking since I live out in the middle of nothing. This tractor was stolen from the guy I bought it from, it was missing for 6 months and it was finally found in a hedge row covered in tree limbs. The fuel tank was empty so their best guess is someone drove off on it, ran it out of fuel a mile or so down the road and then stashed it in some trees. The owner already replaced it with another tractor, he didn't need two tractors so he sold it (to me :dancingbanana:) I only paid $1200 which I thought was a pretty good buy. The old tractor runs great, it starts right up without even heating the glow plugs. I use it for a little bit for mowing but lately it is used in the garden with the cultivator. When I bought it it had turf tires but they were old and always going flat so I bought a new set of Rice and Cane tires for a little extra traction, I also fluid filled the rear tires with RV antifreeze for some extra weight. I believe I added a extra 100lbs per back wheel. I have a Kwik Way loader and a Brantly Backhoe that I am going to put on it. This is a really fun tractor to use and it has a lot of pulling power for only 15hp. The only thing it is lacking is nose weight, I had to put over a 100lbs on the nose to keep the front end down when using the mower.

The last picture is the night I bought it, the little Mazda hauled it great may it rest in peace :boo_hoo:

Attachments

#9 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'm entering my 2 Bolens 1050 in their wedding attire. I was married August 5th to my best friend. Kim made the Bride and Groom for the tractors. Which we had sitting by the hall. They got lots of attention. Kim n I knew each other 35 years ago went our seperate ways reconnected 6 years ago we are now together. The Bolens with the blade my brotherlaw gave me 20 years ago. The other one I bought partially restored few years ago I got it runing Kim painted it.

Sky Property Building Window Wood
Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Tread

Tire Motor vehicle Plant Automotive tire Wheel
Plant Flower Hand White People in nature

Attachments

#10 ·
I'll enter another MF. This one is a 12. I got this one 5 or 6 years ago. It came with a deck, snowthrower, which is mounted on the back, tiller and a cab. I made the loader for it. It's operated by a winch. The tractor had the optional electrical lift, and the original switch was still in the dash, so I use it to lift and lower the loader. The loader was made to look like the pipe loader, which would be on a MF 135 farm tractor. The loader is very handy. Wish I could get a hydraulic one some day.

This tractor is a geared one and has the variable system. It's a great tractor, but has had its troubles over the years. Coil went bad in it once, lucky I had a spare one and it's been working good. It put it in parades and shows over the years. A picture with me and the load of hay, last picture is of my second and third cousins.

Thanks for lookin and readin,

Noel

Attachments

#11 ·
I will also enter a second tractor to help w/ the count. This is a Massey 12 hydro with a Massey snowblower, and an original Massey vinyl cab with the doors. I also added a few items to trick it out. It has West Coast mirrors, a yellow flashing light, and a color back up camera.

The tractor, cab, and snowblower were bought along wiyh 2 other masseys, implements and a couple of loads of parts from a Widow. Her Husband had had these stored in a garage on the property. They had been well cared for, and she wanted the lot to go together. All the work that had been done on them appears to have been done at one of 2 garages. The package included manuals and slips showing the work at the shops. It is a nice tractor w/ a rare cab, that is stored in my garage. Thanks for looking.

Attachments

#12 · (Edited by Moderator)
If I may I'd like to nominate this great example of an International Harvester Cub Cadet lawn and garden tractor. It is a 1650. How you see it is how I found it. My son's wife's brother-in-law sold it to me when his wife got a new job in a new school district and they had to move. Her job required her to live in that district. Their new home does not have a yard big enough for it and he said he didn't need it anymore. He asked me if I would be interested in buying it. I did and now I am using it to mow my yard.

This is a great mower! It has a little trouble starting sometimes, but always starts and runs good, has no smoke when it runs, and it really does a great job mowing. Justin (previous owner) owned it for 6 years. He said he bought it from and older gentleman who said he bought it new. He had receipts for it, and always took good care of it. Justin changed the oil and sharpened the blades on it every year he owned it.

I found a tiller for it and I will put that to use on it next spring.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Tread Plant
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Tread Agricultural machinery
Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle
Tire Wheel Plant Automotive tire Vehicle

Attachments

#13 · (Edited by Moderator)
I would like to nominate my Forklift that use to be a lawn mower

In the early 90's dad purchased a Howard mower ( similar to a Yazoo) mainly for the 16 hp Kohler K series engine that was rebuilt, hydro refurbished and then mower was taken out of service not long after.post-76126-0-93660500-1453605047_thumb.j

The 16 hp Kohler was for the tractor he made in 1985.post-76126-0-36898300-1453605230_thumb.j I used the mower for the summer cutting grass then removed engine so it can be mounted on the Golden Stallion ( That's what he named the tractor due to horses on the fuel tank.)post-76126-0-22776600-1453605167_thumb.j

to plow the driveway. Tractor had a Briggs ZZ on it before the Kohler. Jumped approximately 8 to 10 hp :) Made big difference in plowing snow.

The next summer dad got thinking of the old mower frame and had me cut it up and scrap most of it. Kept the Sunstrand hydro unit and steering assembly.

The main frame is made out of 3 inch steel channel and 1/4 x 2 steel angle iron. A old air operated shop lift was found in a scrap yard, the mast wasn't what he wanted so just used the carriage and forks from the lift and scrapped the rest. Note we are very paticular in what we send to the scrap yard

post-76126-0-78955400-1453605624_thumb.j

The front axle and hydro unit were installed on the front and rear steer just like the howard. Hydro drive unit is factory belt driven off a 12 h.p. cast iron Tecumseh engine. The lift pump is mounted on rear of engine and driven by a lovejoy coupling off the crankshaft.

The mast is constructed out of 2 pcs of 1/4 x 2 steel angle iron due to that channel has tappered sides and need straight sides for the carriage to travel properly. 3 foot cylinder equals 6 foot lift, 1000 lbs capacity

post-76126-0-72905500-1453605838_thumb.j

post-76126-0-69120400-1453605908_thumb.j

A foot peddle was made to control direction of travel.

post-76126-0-99377200-1453605550_thumb.j

The tilt is operated by the handel on the left that connects to a valvebody beside the hydro unit

post-76126-0-45839900-1453606137_thumb.j

The lift is controled by a valvle body that is mounted just infront of the operators seat.

post-76126-0-74295600-1453606622_thumb.j

The front tires are old military surplus and still the orginal rear tire from the Howard on the rear.

Fenders are generic.

post-76126-0-54253300-1453606409_thumb.j

The reason the forklft was buit is that dad's hobby is old gas, steam and stirling cycle engines. I also collect them and get to store them with his collection. I live about a 15 - 20 min drive away and can usually be found there on weekends tinkering. I have my good Massey with 3pt hitch there and the other here in town to snowblow the driveway.

When you get into hit and miss engines a little 1 1/2 hp engine weighs around 150 to 200 lbs when restored and mounted for display. The biggest engine he has is 3 1/2 hp and weighs in around 750 to 900 lbs.

post-76126-0-41508600-1453606978_thumb.j

I can not move that engine too far or lift it since the operator is also part of the counterbalance ( i'm 150lbs ) (dad dosent have that issue since he is bigger than i about 220 lbs) which helps that it is almost impossible to overload the forks.

Here is a action pic post-76126-0-54641600-1453607505_thumb.j

Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.