#16 glgrumpy ONLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,365 Thanks
  • 7,753 posts

Posted September 24, 2017 - 04:23 PM

Well, accepting it is ok I guess.  I have found the left front of hood must have been pushed back, the flat tin upright behind that is some bent, and paint off the hood at seam there. Tried tweaking, not much give, so left alone.  Got the rear tire tubed, kept going down in garage. Be done with it till spring, then have to work on the deck's rollers in back. I've got her lubed and cleaned up and should be good to go next summer. I got a new amp guage and it works fine. Not sure why, but this tractor will not start w/out the guage in wiring. Doesn't seem to be main feed from battery, but maybe I'm wrong.

• Mark 149 J. said thank you

#17 DZG ONLINE  

DZG
  • Member No: 84305
  • 549 Thanks
  • 478 posts

Posted October 15, 2017 - 12:41 PM

If you ever decide you wanna off it...lemme know :)

#18 MolonLabe OFFLINE  

MolonLabe

Rust Wrangler

• Member No: 59683
  • 536 Thanks
  • 304 posts

Posted October 15, 2017 - 01:25 PM

Well, accepting it is ok I guess.  I have found the left front of hood must have been pushed back, the flat tin upright behind that is some bent, and paint off the hood at seam there. Tried tweaking, not much give, so left alone.  Got the rear tire tubed, kept going down in garage. Be done with it till spring, then have to work on the deck's rollers in back. I've got her lubed and cleaned up and should be good to go next summer. I got a new amp guage and it works fine. Not sure why, but this tractor will not start w/out the guage in wiring. Doesn't seem to be main feed from battery, but maybe I'm wrong.

The ammeter has to be in line because the battery voltage to the ignition switch passes through it for the starter solenoid. These things are beasts.

• Rock farmer said thank you