• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Nevrdun OFFLINE  

Nevrdun

• Member No: 1742
  • 14 Thanks
  • 17 posts

Posted August 19, 2017 - 05:29 PM

After having a huge mess after servicing my MF 14 rear end earlier this year I put some thought into how to get the fluid in and the air out without all the burps and mess due to the agonizingly small fill tube.  I read some other threads on this but didn’t want to take any of the hoses off due to fear that they might not re-seal so  this if what I tried this time around.   I purchased a 4 foot section of fish-tank air hose, a funnel with a small flex end and a long medium size funnel. (Walmart)   I put a small slit in the end of the flex funnel tube so I could run it about 3/8 inch down the fill tube. I put the medium funnel down inside the smaller funnel so if I did get any burps they wouldn’t splash out.  I marked the hose with a piece of tape at a distance a bit lower than the fill mark on dip stick. I then ran the hose down inside the funnels and down the fill tube to inside the case.  When I poured the hydro fluid in went around the hose but the hose allowed the air inside the case to escape. It worked so well that I overfilled it in a short time.  I had to loosen the drain plug to bleed some out.  One problem I did have in my theory was that I marked the hose so I knew where to stop at the bottom of the funnel that was inside the fill tube. Apparently as I poured the fluid I pulled the hose up some so when it started burping like the old way (Because oil was blocking the hose) I was already over full.  Next time I’ll also mark the hose at the top of the funnel.   Hopefully some others might find this useful.

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170819_140643.jpg
  • 20170819_164244.jpg

• limebuzz, Alc, KennyP and 4 others have said thanks