Posted June 22, 2011 - 08:11 PM

Just as important, how do I re-install?

#2 Lalo OFFLINE  

Lalo

• Member No: 4913
  • 1 Thanks
  • 13 posts

Posted July 19, 2011 - 11:59 PM

I suspect you know how to do this by now (and I may be too much of a newb to know not to answer the question) but the deck attaches at three points on each side. In the front of the deck, on top of the roller, there are two spring-loaded J-shaped pins. Above the mid front of the deck there are two other spring-loaded pins. Then there's two more small pins above the mid back of the deck held in place by R clips. If I recall, the way to go is to pull out the R clips and detach the parts, then the pull and separate the parts held by the pins in the middle, and then the same with the pins in the front. Once the deck is free, push it forward and disengage the belt from the pulley and that's it. I may have missed something but that's what I remember. It's pretty well designed and easy to do quickly. To re-install just repeat the removal steps backwards.

#3 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 5,446 Thanks
  • 6,611 posts

Posted July 20, 2011 - 05:39 AM

Be careful when you put the belt back , not once but twice I thought I had the belt correctly around the tension springs and when I started the mower it rubbed the underside of the belt taking off about 1/4" of the belt :wallbanging: