7 replies to this topic

#1 71mustangman OFFLINE  

71mustangman
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 86696
  • 33 Thanks
  • 70 posts

Posted August 18, 2017 - 02:52 PM

Hi There was wondering if any one knows what company manufacture the rear pto clutch assembly for the Ariens GT line. I am in process of replacing the bearing in the rear pto however, the nachi 6206r6ds bearing is not available thru NACHI the maker. Furthermore I called Nachi the rep. told me the bearing is so old that the records are long gone  My question is. How hot does the rear clutch coil get while in operation. This r6ds bearing is located on the inside of clutch and next to coil. The bearing NACHI recommended ( but the company was not sure of the operating temp of the electric clutch. the size is the same between both bearing numbers.) was the 6206-2nse9 c3 However the max operating temperature for that bearing is 160 degrees F. I have already sourced out the other three bearings installed on the rear pto.. Thanks MUSTANGMAN

#2 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6172
  • 4,909 Thanks
  • 4,965 posts

Posted August 19, 2017 - 05:24 AM

Sounds like there are very few options. I would try it and see what happens.

#3 Piddler2 OFFLINE  

Piddler2
  • Member No: 87191
  • 5 Thanks
  • 14 posts

Posted August 19, 2017 - 07:38 AM

I worked in electric motor repair for a number of years.Common. bearing size.Those motors run at temps that are rated, depending on application,25 degrees Celsius above ambient temp.Make sure the ball retainer inside the bearing is metal and no plastic
  • Alc said thank you

#4 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 2,019 Thanks
  • 2,675 posts

Posted August 19, 2017 - 05:46 PM

there are bearing application guides online, the 6206 is the important part, the rest tells specifics about "that" bearing... tighter clearance version, open one side, or both, sealed one side or both, groove on outer race (or not) things like that.  SKF, Nice, Browning, Timken and many others out there I'm sure you could cross that number into any of those brnds maybe more.

GLGrumpy just had a thread on a PTO clutch bearing, might be same number?   I know that bearing number sounds very familiar from things I have worked on before... check EPay... just punch in "6206" without all the extra letters and see what comes up.

#5 71mustangman OFFLINE  

71mustangman
  • Contributor
  • 33 Thanks
  • 70 posts

Posted August 21, 2017 - 12:37 AM

Yea thanks to everyone concerning the pto bearing mustangman

#6 71mustangman OFFLINE  

71mustangman
  • Contributor
  • 33 Thanks
  • 70 posts

Posted August 21, 2017 - 10:54 PM

My concern is the grease used inside the bearing. if the grease is not rated for the heat I would think it would dissolve and the bearing would fail.

#7 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 2,019 Thanks
  • 2,675 posts

Posted August 22, 2017 - 06:00 AM

I would think something like that would not get as hot as an electric motor would.  also if it is a sealed bearing even though the lube gets thinner while running, it will harden up when done running... notice how motor oil thins when an engine is warmed up vs when the engine is cold?  I think youre overthinking it. at least you HAVE  a rear PTO... many are looking for them to fit these machines....

Edited by dodge trucker, August 22, 2017 - 06:01 AM.

#8 71mustangman OFFLINE  

71mustangman
  • Contributor
  • 33 Thanks
  • 70 posts

Posted September 06, 2017 - 10:01 PM

Yea I am over thinking it  I do know the electric coil does get hot. But I have decided to leave the original bearing alone Thanks Mustangman