Garden Tractor Forums banner

B*tt Ugly

2K views 33 replies 23 participants last post by  MFDAC 
#1 ·
I saw one of those new Cub Cadets in a guy's yard. Whoosh! That is just bad design. I know some folks say form follows function, but that is some bad function.

It made me think, what do you all think is a nice looking tractor? Yeah, it is just personal taste, but if you were picking out the looks of your next machine, what would it look like? A rocket ship? An ancient Farmall?

#24 ·
Best design, hard to say. Best civility, not calling anyone's tractor ugly, no matter what. People have paid good money and are proud of their purchase. Same goes for calling other machines POS...which happens all the time. Rant over.
Well some of them are. Neighbor bought a CC in 2004 and fought with the deck belt until the last day he owned it. The CC "engineers" redesigned the deck assembly 3 times that year and never did get it right. He also had problems with steering "bushings" (20ga plastic hole liners) and PTO relays and associated wiring. I know all of this because I got stuck fixing it at least once a month. He is an older gentleman with health problems, so I never charged him. The 80 year old guy up the street from him had one just as bad. I fixed his for free too. I spent more time working on their stuff than I did my own.

#25 ·
Well some of them are. Neighbor bought a CC in 2004 and fought with the deck belt until the last day he owned it. The CC "engineers" redesigned the deck assembly 3 times that year and never did get it right. He also had problems with steering "bushings" (20ga plastic hole liners) and PTO relays and associated wiring. I know all of this because I got stuck fixing it at least once a month. He is an older gentleman with health problems, so I never charged him. The 80 year old guy up the street from him had one just as bad. I fixed his for free too. I spent more time working on their stuff than I did my own.
Oh yea, been there, done that, STILL doin that!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.