• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Alberta Bolens OFFLINE  

Alberta Bolens
  • Member No: 49650
  • 521 Thanks
  • 292 posts

Posted August 13, 2017 - 03:20 PM

I have been looking for a tractor with blade or bucket to do some landscaping stump removal.  The garden tractors just are not big enough.  

Found and old bull dozer.    At around 6,000 lbs with 9 ft blade its not garden tractor size.  If the plate on it is accurate its an old Amercian Tractor Equipment Corp crawler, Case bought them out in mid 60's.  However I can not seem to find model # when I search.  It has been repowered with a inline 6 ford motor, rad and grill from a versatile swather. Has set of hydralics at the back as well as PTO. I guess the gentleman who did the repower passed away before he had all the kinks worked out of it and it has sat for 4 or 5 years.   It may turn out to be a oversized paper weight, I will find out when I get it home next week.  

!st challenge is getting it home.  I need to find  heavey enough trailer wide enough to get this beast onto.  C frame for blade is about 8 1/2 ft.  

Attached Thumbnails

• 20170813_110821.jpg
  • 20170813_110806.jpg
  • 20170813_110751.jpg
  • 20170813_111008.jpg

• olcowhand, Bruce Dorsi, KennyP and 7 others have said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 34,234 Thanks
  • 43,350 posts

Posted August 13, 2017 - 03:59 PM

This sounds like a good thread to follow!

• boyscout862 and Mark 149 J. have said thanks

#3 RustyB ONLINE  

RustyB
  • Member No: 82061
  • 72 Thanks
  • 47 posts

Posted August 13, 2017 - 05:38 PM

The GMC truck sitting next to it looks real interesting to me. Good luck with the dozer, looks like a real project.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#4 boyscout862 OFFLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 11,436 Thanks
  • 8,469 posts

Posted August 13, 2017 - 05:51 PM

That is super cool. First, that looks like a 6 (or more) ton machine not 3 tons. Second, those track pads look brand new(big bucks). Are the chains in new condition too? Third, find a way to lift and hold the blade up. Dragging a blade can be a big pain. A couple of comealongs along the hydraulic cylinders may be able to pick it up. Fourth, when you get it home cover it and find the manuals for it.

When you get it running and learn to use it, you will have alot of fun. After you have completed a couple of projects with it, you will wonder how you lived without it. Good Luck, Rick

Edited by boyscout862, August 13, 2017 - 05:54 PM.

• TomLGT195 said thank you

#5 Mark 149 J. ONLINE  

Mark 149 J.

Mark J.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 78623
  • 1,564 Thanks
  • 933 posts

Posted August 13, 2017 - 05:57 PM

Looks like a lot of fun and will be fun to follow!  I want a dozer but I want one even smaller.

Oh, when will you start a thread on "How to relieve back pain from lifting heavy steel"?! :D

• Alc, TomLGT195 and Alberta Bolens have said thanks

#6 Alberta Bolens OFFLINE  

Alberta Bolens
  • 521 Thanks
  • 292 posts

Posted August 13, 2017 - 06:39 PM

The GMC truck sitting next to it looks real interesting to me. Good luck with the dozer, looks like a real project.

He started the GMC. 6 cyl runs like a top hoist works.  Sweet old truck.

#7 Alberta Bolens OFFLINE  

Alberta Bolens
  • 521 Thanks
  • 292 posts

Posted August 13, 2017 - 06:45 PM

That is super cool. First, that looks like a 6 (or more) ton machine not 3 tons. Second, those track pads look brand new(big bucks). Are the chains in new condition too? Third, find a way to lift and hold the blade up. Dragging a blade can be a big pain. A couple of comealongs along the hydraulic cylinders may be able to pick it up. Fourth, when you get it home cover it and find the manuals for it.

When you get it running and learn to use it, you will have alot of fun. After you have completed a couple of projects with it, you will wonder how you lived without it. Good Luck, Rick

Yes the pads tacks, chains, rollers and rails are in great condition.  He says he can move it around with his skid steer pretty easy.  There is lot of steel there you could be right at + 10,000 lbs.  I think a D2 cat with blade is around 10,000 and this looks to be as big or bigger.  Never thought of come alongs on the cylinders.  

• boyscout862 said thank you

#8 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 38,038 Thanks
  • 30,448 posts

Posted August 13, 2017 - 07:39 PM

Instead of possibly tearing up come-alongs, have the guy lift the blade with his skid steer, then chain each side at the cylinders.  That's a heck of a weight/leverage to overcome with come-alongs.  I'd guess the unit to weigh at least 8 grand.

• boyscout862, TomLGT195 and Alberta Bolens have said thanks