• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 dinkydok OFFLINE  

dinkydok
  • Member No: 10634
  • 3 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted August 12, 2017 - 10:02 PM

Has anyone tried these small battery operated fuel pumps. They fit into the 5 gal plastic gas cans with about 3 feet of discharge hose. I have so much trouble lifting the fuel cans up to my MF 5o and Ford 4400 FEL as well as all the small garden tractors such as the Cub Cadets 129 etc. How have they held up? Saw one at Ace or Best Hardware for around 52 dollars. One brand on e-bay is the Terapump TRFA01. for around 50 to 60 dollars.

• Sawdust and Jazz have said thanks

#2 Bolens 1000 OFFLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 14,612 Thanks
  • 17,951 posts

Posted August 13, 2017 - 07:10 AM

I got one and do like it, only thing I'd change is make the hose a bit longer but other than that they are good pumps, mines just over a year old now

I can order them if you want but pricing would be close to what you seen in the 50-60 range

• Alc, boyscout862 and Sawdust have said thanks

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,361 Thanks
  • 7,747 posts

Posted August 13, 2017 - 10:34 AM

How about a picture?  With all the new regulations on spouts and sizes and such, this fit any tank or have adapters or what?  What size battery's they use or are they charged.  Another lost charger? heh!  I'm finding same heavy issue with my 5 gallon anymore, at times I don't even fill it, just to be able to handle it.

Edited by glgrumpy, August 13, 2017 - 10:35 AM.

• Sawdust said thank you

#4 Sawdust OFFLINE  

Sawdust
  • Member No: 36549
  • 5,363 Thanks
  • 3,261 posts

Posted August 13, 2017 - 10:46 AM

Good topic I've been thinking about one myself. Im to the point where I'm using two gallon cans. Putting the five gallon can & pump on a little drag around dolly was my plan.

#5 Natureboy OFFLINE  

Natureboy
  • Member No: 49649
  • 83 Thanks
  • 98 posts

Posted August 13, 2017 - 07:44 PM

Amazon has them for under $20. Works on 2D batteries. Not talking about the fancy ones, the one I have goes down into the 5 gallon and the hose is attached to the body of it. Search Terrapump. They last about 2-3 years before they crap out. Beats holding and pouring, and pumps pretty quick.
  • limebuzz, Cvans and Sawdust have said thanks