Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Bolens Road Trip This Weekend heading west into New York State!

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 logmillingman OFFLINE  

logmillingman
  • Member No: 68213
  • 387 Thanks
  • 228 posts

Posted August 12, 2017 - 10:09 AM

Hey Guys, going sooner than I thought, talked with the owner of the Bolens XL 1669 last night and will be going to pick up the tractor Sunday afternoon!

I will be leaving western New England and heading west into New York State just west of Albany, NY, It will take just over two and a half hours to get there. I plan on staying off the highway and take the scenic route Through the Berkshire mountains in western Mass. into eastern New York State it should be a beautiful day, I will be taking my wife so we will make a fun time of it. There is nothing better than taking a leisurely road trip and when you get to the end and there is a Bolens tractor waiting for you to pickup!!

It makes the whole family happy, everyone gets to have fun! Site seeing, food, and Bolens tractors, wow!

The owner says it runs great so I will be putting it right to work, and since my 1456 (H14) is still in the garage being rebuilt I will use the 1669 to start hauling the fire wood, got to get ready for winter!

I told Rick back in March I was going to have the H14 ready for rototilling this year, (HA) so much for that! oh well I guess my plan didn't work out, I'm spending to much time on road trips bring Bolens tractors home.

I will get you some more pictures  once I get it home.

Attached Thumbnails

• 00z0z_3ibZ3M85GNE_600x450.jpg

• blackjackjakexxix, WrenchinOnIt and Oldford have said thanks

#2 Oldford OFFLINE  

Oldford
  • Member No: 50409
  • 1,134 Thanks
  • 786 posts

Posted August 12, 2017 - 11:08 AM

Good luck on your trip there are a lot of old bolens out that way, my friend lives out there and he had the first one i ever saw.

• blackjackjakexxix and logmillingman have said thanks

#3 MailmAn OFFLINE  

MailmAn
  • Member No: 10315
  • 333 Thanks
  • 741 posts

Posted August 16, 2017 - 11:18 AM

Hey, you were headed out into my neck of the woods!  I never even saw this (not that I am really looking for another tractor to add to my collection right now anyways until I get the ones I have now all running...).  Hope you had a good trip and waved to me as you drove through!

Edited by MailmAn, August 16, 2017 - 11:18 AM.

• logmillingman said thank you

#4 logmillingman OFFLINE  

logmillingman
  • Member No: 68213
  • 387 Thanks
  • 228 posts

Posted August 16, 2017 - 12:16 PM

Thanks MailmAn,

I probably drove right past your house! I hooked onto route 90 from route 20 going through Albany, one of these days we will have to connect.

:wave:

Edited by logmillingman, August 16, 2017 - 12:17 PM.