• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • Member No: 41778
  • 1,253 Thanks
  • 783 posts

Posted August 11, 2017 - 09:15 PM

Hello all, a fellow is selling three GK's near Milwaukee Wisconsin on CL. He wants 4500 for all and isn't interested in separating them up. He seems attached to them but has not had them running in two years, his estimate. Seems rich for not a running machine in the bunch and the word rare was mentioned, I didn't want to argue about it so here we are! Shame really I was willing to give top dollar for the parts machine and would have left the majority there as I only need a few pieces off of it and it was far from running order. If anyone does pick these up my offer is still valid just pm me and I will make it worth your while.
  • Oldford and logmillingman have said thanks

#2 Cat385B ONLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 12,959 Thanks
  • 9,516 posts

Posted August 11, 2017 - 10:58 PM

Now I know why I stayed off CL when I was in the Dells...

https://milwaukee.cr...6248931552.html

Edited by Cat385B, August 11, 2017 - 11:03 PM.

• Alc, Eric, Oldford and 1 other said thanks

#3 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • 1,253 Thanks
  • 783 posts

Posted August 11, 2017 - 11:32 PM

You are not kidding, I own three GK's and almost bought these just to get a few parts that I can fabricate easily. Darn hobby is addictive and makes me make poor choices sometimes! My wife would have killed me, she said I cannot buy any more large toys until I build her dream home and more barns for me to hide my treasures in. If anyone knows of someone looking for these please let me know, I would love to make a side deal that would benefit everyone! Thanks and hope someone picks these up they are a ton of fun.
  • boyscout862, Oldford and logmillingman have said thanks

#4 Oldford OFFLINE  

Oldford
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 50409
  • 1,101 Thanks
  • 774 posts

Posted August 12, 2017 - 11:20 AM

Do these tractors really sell for that much not running?

Sometimes if you see the ad get renewed after not selling for a week or 2 the seller becomes more open to an offer on parts n pieces.  Especially this guy looks like they are taking up a lot of his shop space in the ad pics.

Another thing in your favor is with the tight economy at the low end not a lot of old GT people have $4.5k laying around for projects, maybe he will consider parting in the future, doesn't hurt to ask down the road...

• Eric and logmillingman have said thanks

#5 secondtry OFFLINE  

secondtry
  • Member No: 83632
  • 1,128 Thanks
  • 926 posts

Posted August 12, 2017 - 12:48 PM

Could be just judging interest. If he was concerned about shop space he could just dung it out a bit. Don

• Eric and logmillingman have said thanks

#6 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • 1,253 Thanks
  • 783 posts

Posted August 12, 2017 - 09:07 PM

I am fairly good at reading people's intentions and you are most likely right. My wife and I have a wager on how long before I get a call back from him. There was no need to judge my interest as the offer I made was way more than what I would normally be willing to pay just because of the two tractors I already own. Judging by the fact that the space wasn't even cleaned for pictures and that none of them run I also think they will be available for quite awhile. That is a whole lot of tractor for most people's available space but it was nice to see they were stored inside so far.
  • Oldford and logmillingman have said thanks

#7 blackjackjakexxix ONLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Member No: 2194
  • 2,730 Thanks
  • 1,993 posts

Posted August 13, 2017 - 08:12 PM

I'm not sure if there's any wiggle room on the price,but with all thats included,thats only $1500.00 ea,IMO thats seems resaonable,hopefully there's a little wiggle room on the price
  • logmillingman said thank you

#8 Eric OFFLINE  

Eric
  • 1,253 Thanks
  • 783 posts

Posted August 14, 2017 - 12:07 AM

I believe there was no wiggle room as he inquired about what I thought they were worth. He actually said he was thinking his price was to low. But for not running machines and missing the snow blowers $1500 is pretty high considering most parts are NLA and you wouldn't find out if there was any internal damage to the trans and engine until you have already started the expensive refurbishment.
  • LPBolens and logmillingman have said thanks

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: bolens, groundskeeper