Garden Tractor Forums banner

newbie with a question

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  adegrno 
#1 ·
hi all,

today I picked up an old Gilson Mower 52106-48236 ser. 4326L51 606

Happy as I am with my new old machine and once at home I started to look around and noticed something is missing :-( - the previous owner told something about loosing the belt way too often, but now I understand why.....the belt guide (engine) is missing. This part has nr 240722 and looks like in the picture attached (nr 7). I would not be so lucky as to hear from anybody here that they would have a spare one of these for me?

That would make me very happy. Please let me know, and thanks for a very good forum.

br

Albert/Oslo

Attachments

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Thanks Rick - I did some more research and found the missing part on ebay via a Toro part number #701672 (did Toro buy Gilson sometime?)

Anyway, looking forward to receive the part and get mowing :)

Have a good weekend,

br Albert

btw this is the info on the engine that is on - runs like a champ:

Briggs & Stratton motor 11HP

Model 252707

Type 0136-02

Code 79041811

Produced 18 april 1979

25 cubic inch displacement

Basic design series 2

Vertical shaft

Plain bearing/DU Non-Flange Mount

Electric starter 12 or 24 Volt Gir drive with Alternator

#5 ·
As I continue to repair and shine up my Gilson RE8 I came over this information here regarding a cross reference list for Gilson part numbers to Lawn Boy part number:

Part Number Cross Reference - Gilson® to Lawn-Boy . . . . . . . .492-4603

Is there anybody here that would happen to have this cross reference? I believe it will be easier to find spare parts via the Lawn-Boy numbers than the Gilson numbers?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.