2 replies to this topic

#1 TimW ONLINE  

TimW
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10778
  • 401 Thanks
  • 256 posts

Posted August 10, 2017 - 12:53 PM

I went to the spring swap meet for the first time.  Is the fall swap meet, not the show, similar and as big as the spring?  Do they mind if you sleep in the swap meet areas in a tent or vehicle?  After seeing how nice the spring meet was, I think about two trailer loads of my hoarding would go well there.

Thx

Tim 

#2 DougT ONLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 6,565 Thanks
  • 4,736 posts

Posted August 10, 2017 - 03:36 PM

The fall meet isn't as big as the spring. During either swap you camp with your set up. During the show you set up on the fairgrounds and camp in the campground where the swaps are held. You have to have a paid vending spot or put your items in the trading post to sell during the show.

• TimW said thank you

#3 glgrumpy OFFLINE  

glgrumpy

Getting Out!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 8360
  • 8,094 Thanks
  • 7,538 posts

Posted August 10, 2017 - 03:52 PM

It's not bad, sometimes a little cold. Never know. Some sleep in the trailer they brought stuff in, have seen tents at a few, others might even sort of enclose their canapy enough to sleep there. Usually food vendors open, just not a lot.  The show is in August 21 week, but if you don't have a bought spot, kinda hard to get one. Need to go to site and ask about a lot available from someone listed. East guy is who you want. It will be way out in East feild, it is getting bigger, but way to back end. I have a site on row 4, been that way for years. The fall swap is accross street where campers are during big show, lots of room. October, not sure days at moment, but again look for Tri-State site and should have the info.

• TimW said thank you