EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 2135
  • 3,224 Thanks
  • 2,907 posts

Posted August 10, 2017 - 03:03 AM

2,940 hours on tractor
Replacement engine (Cast iron Bore 655 cc 16hp Briggs L head Twin) has just over 330 hours on it.
Engine runs strong and smooth. I have the partly dissembled original engine that I will include if wanted. It ran but smoked a good bit and had a good bit of blow by. Cylinders look good and it didn't knock. I think all it needs is fresh rings.

I put new plugs in it and put a full carb kit in it and rebuilt the fuel pump.It starts very easy and runs really good.

Shaft driven Cast Iron Transaxle 3 Speed with reverse
New axle seals,gaskets,brake pads and fresh HiTran fluid installed.

Driveshaft is completely rebuilt.
New rubber Flex Couplings,New Self aligning bushings,New Throw out bearing,New driver pins,resurfaced clutch plates and teaser spring Delete mod. Clutch disk was fairly new and still in good condition. Clutch will Not slip. Put it in 3rd and dump the clutch and the front end of the tractor stands rite up.

Installed a heavy duty rear hitch plate off of a Cub Cadet 1440. Bolted on and easily removed.

GoodYear 23 10.50 12 rear turf tires with new tubes.Atleast 80% tread left. New front 4 ply tires with new tubes. New 1" front wheel bearings. All the lights work.

Electric PTO clutch and switch are 2 years old.
16 amp dual circuit Charging system works perfect.
MK Power AGM Battery installed.
Seat is nice. Not original but No rips or cracks.

44C Deck.
Deck runs butter smooth and quiet. No rust and no holes.

New idler spring and pulley

New PTO belt

Deck belt WAS new but it's 1 inch to short and it slips in tall grass.
3 newer style spindles (Cub Cadet 959-3293) off of a Cub Cadet 318 44" deck were installed.They have new bearings in them.

I just got the deck back together a couple weeks ago. Was waiting on the idler pulley spring to show up. Mowed with it twice since then and although it does need leveled it cuts decent.

Blades cut ok but there about worn out. Might get another season out of them. I have another set of blades here but there not any better.

I don't use it enough to justify keeping it. I mow with the little 312-8 wheel horse. It turns sharper and my lawn is pretty narrow with lots of obstacles to mow around.

Asking $650 firm

OR Trade even up for another 8 speed Wheel Horse 10hp-16hp with snow Plow and possibly a deck. Deck can be rusted up but the tractor Must run good with no smoke or knocking.

Local Pickup only. New Paris Bedford county Pennsylvania

Gimme a ring or PM if interested. 814-401-1119 ask for Eric

Will add pics of the engine as soon as I get time to.Kinda swamped with projects atm.

IMG_20170804_133248.jpg IMG_20170804_133327.jpg IMG_20170804_133352.jpg IMG_20170804_133523.jpg IMG_20170804_133547.jpg IMG_20170803_183307.jpg

Edited by EricFromPa, August 10, 2017 - 03:14 AM.

#2 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 3,224 Thanks
  • 2,907 posts

Posted August 10, 2017 - 03:17 AM

I did a Mechanical restoration on the whole tractor. Body is straight but it does have some surface rust "patina" here and there. I have a few spare parts that go with it. Nothing special but they are usable.

Short video of it running after I dropped the other engine in it last fall.

Edited by EricFromPa, August 11, 2017 - 01:43 PM.

#3 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 3,224 Thanks
  • 2,907 posts

Posted August 12, 2017 - 08:06 PM

I'll take $550 cash for it but that's the absolute lowest I can go.

That does not come close to covering the price of the parts I have in it with the replacement engine. Let alone what I paid for the tractor.

Engine was $300 and had 286 hours on it when I installed it. + a $25 carb kit and plugs

Driveshaft parts were $100

Deck parts were $150  with the new bearings. I have 1 spare Cub Cadet 959-3293 spindle assembly that does with it. List price is $238.08 each. I found a rusty Cub Cadet 1440 deck for $75 and rebuilt the spindles and put them on the solid 44C deck. Original spindles Might be OK but there pretty tight.

Tranny parts was around $100 with the new brake pads and seals and hytran.

I have $900 into it over the past year with the $250 I paid for the tractor. $650 would of covered most of the parts. I do have receipts for all the parts that I can print out if needed. I need to recoup some money back out of it.

Can't believe no one was interested in it at $650. I'm DONE buying cheap tractors and saving them. This tractor was "Supposed to run good" but if I would of left it run and warm up a bit and would of seen it smoking like it did I would not of bought it. I enjoy working on them but I can't afford to loose money like that.

#4 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 3,224 Thanks
  • 2,907 posts

Posted August 15, 2017 - 03:16 PM

Short video. Cold start and deck running. She's a strong running tractor.

#5 EricFromPa OFFLINE  

EricFromPa

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • 3,224 Thanks
  • 2,907 posts

Posted August 19, 2017 - 09:31 AM

SOLD SOLD SOLD!!

Someone stopped in this morning and I fired her up and mowed a bit with it and offered $600 cash and I took it.

Another one saved and sent to it's new home. On to the next project I guess. I have to be alot more careful in choosing what tractors I try to save. No more buying one for $250-$300 that need engines. You'll go in upside down like I did on this one when it comes time to sell. Atleast it will live for another 30-40 years.

• KennyP said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Sold