7 replies to this topic

#1 CRFarnsworth OFFLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 4,319 Thanks
  • 1,991 posts

Posted August 09, 2017 - 08:26 AM

Looking at a 1987 Ford 14D.   This tractor was for sale about a year ago for $2500.  No takers at that time

and price.    It now has a sears three pt. w/ electric actuator and 10" plow.  No other attachments.   550 hours and runs very well.

He is ready to sell. 

Any ideas on value in the Midwest area?      Rick

Attached Thumbnails

• larry1.jpg
  • larry2.jpg
  • larry3.jpg
  • larry4.jpg
  • larry5.jpg
  • larry6.jpg
  • larry7.jpg
  • SUNP0086.JPG
  • SUNP0080.JPG

Edited by CRFarnsworth, August 09, 2017 - 03:57 PM.

• olcowhand, KennyP, Traill95 and 1 other said thanks

#2 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 35,089 Thanks
  • 44,105 posts

Posted August 09, 2017 - 08:32 AM

It looks good! Hard to say what to pay for it. Depends on how bad you want it.

• boyscout862 and old coot have said thanks

#3 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 8,799 Thanks
  • 6,034 posts

Posted August 09, 2017 - 12:02 PM

Not a Ford man so would have to be cheep.  Last Ford I had I traded with a guy for 8 hours work hauling brush.

#4 Dugmf12 OFFLINE  

Dugmf12
  • Member No: 57577
  • 87 Thanks
  • 55 posts

Posted August 10, 2017 - 12:12 PM

Looks like a nice tractor but with no attachments designed for the tractor it becomes a trailer puller or in this case a plow tractor.  Nothing wrong with that but it does limit it's value. And I hear that attachments for that model are extremely rare. The plow setup appears to work pretty good.  Would be fun, especially being a diesel.  Lot's of help, uh???!!  Like Kenny said, up to you.  I would think  1000 to 1500 max, if you really wanted it.  It is a nice tractor....

#5 billy bee ONLINE  

billy bee
  • Member No: 87693
  • 2 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted August 12, 2017 - 07:05 AM

I bought a 14 D this February, paid $ 2300 but lots of goodies. 3pt hitch, 48in. deck. ag tires with bolt on duals, 48in. hydraulic lift snow plow, tire chains, operators manual for tractor and mower deck, 3 extra sets of mower blades, extra set of pto belts,. These are great tractors, the 3 cylinder diesel is smooth and bullet proof. That is a low hour, well kept machine you are looking at. With that being said, without a deck or other attachments, it is only good for garden plowing and pulling things around the yard. Attachments are very hard to find for these tractors. I wouldn't go more than 1000- 1500 , might be worth more to a collector or someone who has attachments and a parts tractor. I wouldn't mind haviing it but not at the price he wants.

Bill

• pryan05 said thank you

#6 CRFarnsworth OFFLINE  

CRFarnsworth

• Contributor
  • Member No: 6275
  • 4,319 Thanks
  • 1,991 posts

Posted August 12, 2017 - 07:31 AM

I bought a 14 D this February, paid $ 2300 but lots of goodies. 3pt hitch, 48in. deck. ag tires with bolt on duals, 48in. hydraulic lift snow plow, tire chains, operators manual for tractor and mower deck, 3 extra sets of mower blades, extra set of pto belts,. These are great tractors, the 3 cylinder diesel is smooth and bullet proof. That is a low hour, well kept machine you are looking at. With that being said, without a deck or other attachments, it is only good for garden plowing and pulling things around the yard. Attachments are very hard to find for these tractors. I wouldn't go more than 1000- 1500 , might be worth more to a collector or someone who has attachments and a parts tractor. I wouldn't mind haviing it but not at the price he wants.

Bill

I think he has realized that not having attachments is hurting the value.

It is on Craigslist now   for $1200.

I've been trying to trade him for my wheel Horse 520 but he's wanting cash.     Rick

#7 BTS ONLINE  

BTS

Make Stuff Up

• Contributor
  • Member No: 11851
  • 3,911 Thanks
  • 2,303 posts

Posted August 12, 2017 - 10:12 AM

That would be a nice little machine, you could always make attachments to fit it, I've done that quite a bit. I put a JD quick attach on the front of my Bolens HT23 so I could run a 54" blade.

That ford looks to be in good enough shape I would think it would be worth it. But maybe it's because I like those little diesels.

#8 billy bee ONLINE  

billy bee
  • Member No: 87693
  • 2 Thanks
  • 7 posts

Posted August 12, 2017 - 08:37 PM

For $1200 you might want to own that tractor, it looks really nice. I don't think you would lose any money on it. Heck, you could part it out for 5 times that. (please don't, it is too nice) Hard to find a cleaner one and low hours. Like BTS said, I like those little diesels.

Bill