• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 dinkydok OFFLINE  

dinkydok
  • Member No: 10634
  • 3 Thanks
  • 6 posts

Posted August 05, 2017 - 10:26 PM

Does it ever end..I can't keep up with the crisis..but don't give in.

The Massey has a 3 cyl diesel which really runs sweet. I use it to mow about 5 acres of heavy grass and have a Trac-Vac to collect the cuttings. We then use them as mulch for the large (1.5ac) garden. I went to grease the mower deck pulleys and noted one of the zerk fittings moved too freely. I suspected that the bearings in the spindle were bad but when I dismantled the spindle, the housing was badly worn, allowing the bearings to wobble.

I will provide a few pictures. Question is: I have no model number for the deck other than it is 5 feet wide and 18" at either side and 27 inches at the center. It has 3 blades and of course 3 pulleys.

Any one have any idea what its model might be and then are any replacement parts available. The spindle or housing is aluminum and understandably soft and wore easily. It does take 2 Timken bearings 77808 with the race 44610.

I have no idea how old the tractor is because it was given to me by an old friend who was a former MF dealer here in NW Ohio. He has kept few manuals plus his old shop has been broken into numerous times and also vandalized.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_0015.JPG
  • IMG_0016.JPG
  • IMG_0017.JPG
  • IMG_0018.JPG
  • IMG_0019.JPG
  • IMG_0020.JPG
  • IMG_0021.JPG
  • IMG_0022.JPG
  • IMG_0023.JPG
  • IMG_0025.JPG

#2 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 35,073 Thanks
  • 44,094 posts

Posted August 06, 2017 - 02:26 AM

:wave: Welcome to the forum! I did a little snooping, but I can't find anything on this. Sorry! Maybe someone will have some info for you.

#3 esbbent ONLINE  

esbbent

• Member No: 1183
  • 371 Thanks
  • 219 posts

Posted August 06, 2017 - 08:12 AM

I did a little searching, I think you have a MF218 mower deck. Looking at the parts picture in the AGCO parts books it looks like the same housing. For replacement parts it says to order part# 1055518m92 which is the whole assembly with the bearings,shaft, and housing. The housing is not listed by itself. A google search with the part number pull a listing on Machinery trader showing 2 at a dealer in GA (last updated 6/27/2017). Hope this helps. Ted 

• DMAX and KennyP have said thanks