4 replies to this topic

#1 637Yeoman OFFLINE  

637Yeoman
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 77049
  • 1,550 Thanks
  • 1,254 posts

Posted August 05, 2017 - 12:55 PM

I picked up my first model j simplicity yesterday. Came with two tillers, and a mower deck. One of the tillers appears to be nos, so I will not be using that one. The drive system is truly unique. Any information out there? How many members own one? My j is the wards version, making it even more rare. Thanks, Luke

#2 jimmy G ONLINE  

jimmy G
  • Member No: 78021
  • 1,097 Thanks
  • 719 posts

Posted August 05, 2017 - 02:38 PM

There's some J's in the threads here, sounds like a scarce unit, good find, no pics ??? You know the rules lol
  • TomLGT195 said thank you

#3 DougT OFFLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 6,724 Thanks
  • 4,884 posts

Posted August 05, 2017 - 06:03 PM

There's some J's in the threads here, sounds like a scarce unit, good find, no pics ??? You know the rules lol

Tell him, Jimmy!!   :shoot2:  :wave:

And Luke......... :wtf:

#4 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 3,603 Thanks
  • 2,722 posts

Posted August 05, 2017 - 07:29 PM

:ditto:

#5 637Yeoman OFFLINE  

637Yeoman
  • GTt Junior
  • Member No: 77049
  • 1,550 Thanks
  • 1,254 posts

Posted August 05, 2017 - 09:47 PM

Sorry for the lack of pictures, I'll try tomorrow, I did however replace everything as far as ignition goes, and pieced together a carb. Original carb was so warped I could see the float. I figured out why they are so rare, it's impossible to operate the darn thing! The wheels are so close that the thing wants to tip over constantly, and as far as rotor tilling goes, well, I'd find a different way to get your tilling done. Tomorrow I am going to change out mufflers, polish it up nice, grease it, and make new bushings for the wheels, and attempt to mow an acre yard with an 18" deck and a j that goes at a snails pace. Neat thing about it tho, is you can have your attachment running, and free wheel it, or leave it sit there, as a sort of live pto. So look tomorrow for a new topic starring the only j in Michigan, as I hate posting pics in a reply such as this one.
Cheers, Luke