#31 wilberj OFFLINE  

wilberj
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 51
  • 4,727 Thanks
  • 5,463 posts

Posted August 05, 2017 - 04:48 PM

Windows 95+ Internet Explorer 1.    No problems.   

:D  :rolling:

I ment this as a joke.  :rolling:

Edited by wilberj, August 05, 2017 - 11:10 PM.

• WNYTractorTinkerer said thank you

#32 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,827 Thanks
  • 4,734 posts

Posted August 05, 2017 - 05:22 PM

Since I can't quote:

daniel_b  I'm well aware of the Site How-to, Questions sub forum, and the PC help forum.  If you look in the site help forum you can see that I posted there a few days ago.

WNYTractorTinkerer  I doubt that it's a Windows update that 'screwed the pooch' for me as I can quote an use copy/paste on at least another 1/2 dozen forums that I visit.

I might add that at least ONE of those is owned by the same folks who own this site.

If there is any pooch screwing going on, it's the site owner doing it.

• Gtractor and 29 Chev have said thanks

#33 Mark 149 J. ONLINE  

Mark 149 J.

Mark J.

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 78623
  • 1,486 Thanks
  • 915 posts

Posted August 05, 2017 - 05:32 PM

Kenny,

I think you got what you were asking for!

Wow!  That was fast!

:D

Edited by Mark 149 J., August 05, 2017 - 05:32 PM.

• KennyP said thank you

#34 daniel_b OFFLINE  

daniel_b
  • Member No: 65956
  • 94 Thanks
  • 89 posts

Posted August 05, 2017 - 08:47 PM

NOTE:
In my post # 27,
I was NOT trying to single out any particular MEMBER, OR, what they had to say, 
I did it for the purpose as an EXAMPLE of specific complaints and these contained the most pertinent:
-  could not quote
-  could not insert comments between quotes
-  can not do links
- and so on...

why not do this then?

Since I can't quote:

daniel_b  I'm well aware of the Site How-to, Questions sub forum, and the PC help forum.  If you look in the site help forum you can see that I posted there a few days ago...

Okay, not sure of the "Site Help forum" - just went to the pc sub-forum, 
Forum for members who like to talk computer tech or need help with computing.

this is the last thread I saw made, unless you posted in someone else's thread:
Posted November 11, 2016 - 05:56 PM 

Has anyone used/tried this that is having problems with copy/paste?
17.08.05_GTtalk_PC-practices_02.jpg

I do some things on the Windows and Linux computers to block a lot of adware and bloatware.  Unfortunately those things require some skill.

ditto, 
EVERY piece of equipment requires SPECIFIC MAINTENANCE, and a pc isn't any different than any other piece of equipent.
Unfortunately, a new pc is NOT set up for everyone as an individual, no different than say, a lawn mower, or a new car,
some are 'gamers' - some are 'work-stations' - some are 'net browsers' - and some are 'facebook-junkies'
BUT,
they will all need a bit of tweaking and tuning to make them our own for the way we each will use them.

#35 DougT OFFLINE  

DougT

Dog Approved

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 584
  • 6,565 Thanks
  • 4,736 posts

Posted August 05, 2017 - 09:19 PM

Here is a copy of Chris's response to a thread LarryBL posted here  http://gardentractor...e-3#entry784646

It's been noted that Internet Explorer doesn't work with this version of the website. I'm currently working on a converter to a more updated software that can be seen on the sister site of www.jdfanatics.com and www.tractorforum.com

This site is far more intricate, and moving it over has taken the developer who is working on this far longer than anticipated

• Alc, KennyP, TomLGT195 and 1 other said thanks

#36 daniel_b OFFLINE  

daniel_b
  • 94 Thanks
  • 89 posts

Posted August 05, 2017 - 10:33 PM

DougT,
did you READ THIS:

I browse here with:
. W3.1 - w/IE4
. W98 - w/IE6
. W2K Pro - w/IE6, w/Opera 9.6
. Win XP - w/IE6
. W7 Pro 64bit - w/IE11, w/Opera 11.51, w/Chrome 59
. few different versions of the ***uxes, and their respective browsers
(it just depends upon what pc I happen to be on when I get the urge)

I'm not defending the site when I say
I'm not sure blaming the site for everything is at all fair, just because they are admitting to having some problems,
We should all look at our own 'surfing habits' also

I have NO problems, YET, with any of the above OSs and the browsers mentioned.

if so, HOW can you then say:

It's been noted that Internet Explorer doesn't work with this version of the website.

or did you just 'skim' thru'

I just went to those two sites you linked to,
17.08.05_GTtalk_PC-practices_03.jpg
17.08.05_GTtalk_PC-practices_04.jpg
is your developer some 14 year old kid?
'cause THAT MESS I just looked at sure looked like it!

in comparison, now LOOK at this:
17.08.05_GTtalk_PC-practices_05.jpg

a reasonably decently CLEAN interface that someone CAN actually READ,
and NOT be watching some d*** video

I am NOT some bubble-gum punk kid,
I've lurked on a number of forums for quite a while
this one seemed to suit me for being able to be read by an adult,
So, I'm sorry, but if that is where you want to take this forum,
then my days here are numbered to the day you switch it over...

you have a good day...

EDIT:
the above post was with Win7, w/IE11, that doesn't work here!!!!!

Edited by daniel_b, August 05, 2017 - 10:36 PM.

#37 WrenchinOnIt OFFLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8592
  • 3,317 Thanks
  • 906 posts

Posted August 05, 2017 - 11:12 PM

Hey daniel_b, did you get some bad info , Doug T is a highly respected mod here, nowhere on any of these posts do I see any disrespect directed towards you, maybe your PC intellect surpasses most of us plain GT guys but there has been ongoing issues on the site since the new ownership, intended or not these issues have cost the members here some very diligent, dutiful mods . It's been an ongoing situation that site "lurkers" such as you may not be aware of.
If your "help" is in your disrespectful post, then hey go ahead and take your knowledge elsewhere, you as a member have a right to a opinion, that right doesn't mean you can go off half cocked, you want to disrespect Doug, make sure your wearing your I can take it ego, because us GT guys who appreciate our mods may get ugly on you.
  • Gtractor, MH81, KennyP and 5 others have said thanks

#38 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,898 Thanks
  • 29,724 posts

Posted August 06, 2017 - 12:48 AM

EDIT:
the above post was with Win7, w/IE11, that doesn't work here!!!!!

Please note that the above mentioned post from doug is a reposting of a quote from the head IT component of Carbon Media.

It's been noted that Internet Explorer doesn't work with this version of the website. I'm currently working on a converter to a more updated software that can be seen on the sister site of www.jdfanatics.com and www.tractorforum.com

This site is far more intricate, and moving it over has taken the developer who is working on this far longer than anticipated. George knew this, and even commented on this a while ago. My expectation is that within the next 30 days to have a full functional GTT site.

These are not Doug's words originally... he was just retyping them to provide the information that has been offered by Carbon Media.
(doug is unable to quote directly because of one of the very glitches we are speaking of)

So, while it may be very helpful to show the detailed info you have provided, and convenient to point out the flaws of some of the previous posts, it may have prudent to carefully read Doug's post where he retyped:

Here is a copy of Chris's response to a thread LarryBL posted

I'm certain the staff is thankful for your providing detailed info and I'm certain no one meant to say you were less than computer savvy, but I assume we are all hoping for a positive outcome here.
Because... aren't we are all just a bunch of tractor nutz after all?

Edited by MH81, August 06, 2017 - 07:24 AM.

• DH1, DougT, KennyP and 4 others have said thanks

#39 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,898 Thanks
  • 29,724 posts

Posted August 06, 2017 - 12:51 AM

Oh, and I'm using an iPad, NOT the latest OS, and the updated safari browser.

Also, I agree 100% that there need to be some serious thought to font style, size, and layout for those of us who surf with fading eyes and aging prescriptions on our glasses.

Edited by MH81, August 06, 2017 - 01:00 AM.

• DougT, KennyP and LilysDad have said thanks

#40 jimmy G OFFLINE  

jimmy G
  • Member No: 78021
  • 905 Thanks
  • 608 posts

Posted August 06, 2017 - 01:40 AM

Have noticed no difference using droid with chrome, some nice moderating there MH81 lol, Doug T dose a lot for us here, are mod's are the best and the Wrath of the members will be quick to any who disrespect, funny i just heard the Brady bunch them song go through my head

Edited by jimmy G, August 06, 2017 - 01:58 AM.

• KennyP said thank you

#41 old coot ONLINE  

old coot
  • Member No: 54079
  • 72 Thanks
  • 61 posts

Posted August 06, 2017 - 03:35 AM

W 10 using Microsoft Edge with no issues

same here with not a single problem

#42 LilysDad OFFLINE  

LilysDad

Oh, shoot!!!

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 11,788 Thanks
  • 8,917 posts

Posted August 06, 2017 - 06:34 AM

Also, I agree 100% that there need to be some serious thought to font style, size, and layout for those of us who surf with fading eyes and aging prescriptions on our glasses.

FYI My computer is set to a permanent 125% zoom.

• Gtractor said thank you

#43 Gtractor OFFLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 8,302 Thanks
  • 4,566 posts

Posted August 06, 2017 - 07:13 AM

I can't quote LilysDad above but my zoom is set on 150% and I have to sit very close to the monitor. 

I usually have to scroll sideways to read posts but at least I can still see them. 

GTT is great but getting old sux! 

:wave:

• jms180 said thank you

#44 jms180 OFFLINE  

jms180

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1266
  • 1,215 Thanks
  • 1,401 posts

Posted August 06, 2017 - 07:34 AM

I can't quote LilysDad above but my zoom is set on 150% and I have to sit very close to the monitor. 

I usually have to scroll sideways to read posts but at least I can still see them. 

GTT is great but getting old sux! 

:wave:

true getting old sux but the alternative is worse 

• Gtractor said thank you

#45 daniel_b OFFLINE  

daniel_b
  • 94 Thanks
  • 89 posts

Posted August 06, 2017 - 11:59 AM

WrenchinOnIt,
okay, piece by piece,

Hey daniel_b, did you get some bad info , Doug T is a highly respected mod here, nowhere on any of these posts do I see any disrespect directed towards you,...

I CAN read english, and DO READ the WHAT a person is posting, BEFORE I respond, NOT just the previous post, but the WHOLE thread.  And sometimes, I read a post/thread a FEW times to try to make sure I am understanding the WHAT the post/thread was actually asking/stating, NOT just MY first impression/interpretation, otherwise, I more than likely will be making a fool of myself! 

Here is a copy of...

the, (YOUR WORDS), "any disrespect directed towards you" - 
1) to make the statement, quoted, or otherwise,  in post 36, AFTER I had posted what I did in post 21 denotes the WHOLE THREAD HAD NOT BEEN READ BEFORE MAKING THAT POST, or at the least of making an acknowledgement NOT ALL members were having problems
or, 2) what I had to say, because my post count is less than 100, just wasn't relavant?...

I can figure much of the posts/thread wasn't read, at least very well, 
or the suggestion I stated in post 34 @ "why not do this then?" could/should have been used in post 36???
there is NO html, or hyper-linking, used !!!

...maybe your PC intellect surpasses most of us plain GT guys...

not sure of the WHY you would make a statement like that.  do you have that attitude toward other GT members who have a tremendous amount of knowledge about, say, Bolens, or Allis?  aren't we all on here to HELP each other by SHARING the information/knowledge we each possess?  if YOU have READ the WHOLE thread, you will see in every post made by me in this thread, I have been offering helpful suggestions/alternatives.

...but there has been ongoing issues on the site since the new ownership, intended or not these issues have cost the members here some very diligent, dutiful mods . It's been an ongoing situation that site "lurkers" such as you may not be aware of...

well, been a "lurker" here for quite a number of years, so, yes, am aware,
I have noticed seeing the word "MODERATOR" changed to "MEMBER" under a person's name - thank you..., 

...If your "help" is in your disrespectful post, then hey go ahead and take your knowledge elsewhere, you as a member have a right to a opinion, that right doesn't mean you can go off half cocked, you want to disrespect Doug, make sure your wearing your I can take it ego, because us GT guys who appreciate our mods may get ugly on you.

in my first post to this thread, post 21, I gave the information Kenny was asking for,
AND,
stated that I felt it wasn't all the site's/moderators problems...
BUT,
I sure haven't seen any one of those who were stating they were having problems, in any of the posts since, ASKING any one of the members here, who were NOT having problems, for any help!
Did read the part in a couple of posts, stating they were NOT changing the way they did things!

I can't see where you can come off with the part of me "disrespecting" anyone, Doug, or anyone else on this forum.

For YOUR, and everyone else's clarification, go back and READ my post 37 again, I asked QUESTIONS, they were NOT intended as "disrespect" - I was/still am awaiting answers that I still don't see posted...

...take your knowledge elsewhere...

...wilberj, MH81, KennyP and 4 others have said thanks...

If that is your answer to anyone who has a different way of seeing things/looking at life,
to ask them to leave, Oh well, can see where that will leave you shortly...

I am going to state a bit of my POSITIONAL opinion here,
I DO NOT fight, fuss, 'n' feud!!!
You did make me think of something, have a sibling I have not SEEN or SPOKEN to for more than 60-couple years, and don't miss him a damn bit!!!!!
If'n I've seen him on the street, and probably have, sure didn't recognize/know who he was!!!