29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 7,462 Thanks
  • 2,447 posts

Posted August 05, 2017 - 09:38 AM

Using Window 10 home version and I.E. 11 on a P.C.  It will not allow me to paste links - or use "Quote" button on this site.  It appears to still let me load pictures (jpegs) 10 at a time and I can use the "Multiquote" button to quote a post.   Just tried "MTF" site and I can still use paste feature on it with I.E.11 which lead me to believe it is a site problem as much or more so that an Internet Explorer / Microsoft problem.

If I use Microsft Edge it will let me paste links and the quote button appears to function but Edge only lets me load pictures one at a time.

It is becoming frustrating to have to juggle between the two web browsers to try and help other members or post things on this site.

My thanks to Kenny P and other moderators (both past and present) for being concerned about the issues on this site and taking the time and effort to look into them - sad that it appears the owners don't appear to have the necessary resources to address and fix issues such as this in a timely manner. 

While changing web browsers may appear to be an easy fix as some members suggest other members such as myself are not eager to download and learn another web browser just so we can try and use this site.  I would assume that at some point in the near future members who use other browsers such as Chrome and Firefox may start to have issues as well as the other browsers are updated and the site does not respond to the updated versions of these browsers either.  

• KennyP and boyscout862 have said thanks

#17 29 Chev ONLINE  

29 Chev

A Little Off Plumb

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 63590
  • 7,462 Thanks
  • 2,447 posts

Posted August 05, 2017 - 09:43 AM

I'm not interested in changing browsers at this time. ...I'll leave GTT if I have to.

I read here several times a day, but if I can't help others, there's no point in my being here.

Please do not leave Bruce - you provide and willingly share a lot of knowledge to members here.

• Alc, KennyP and boyscout862 have said thanks

#18 SimplyRad OFFLINE  

SimplyRad
  • Member No: 84410
  • 974 Thanks
  • 752 posts

Posted August 05, 2017 - 09:53 AM

I am using W7 Ultimate and Chrome. So far no problems.

• boyscout862 said thank you

#19 TomLGT195 OFFLINE  

TomLGT195
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 29432
  • 3,636 Thanks
  • 2,733 posts

Posted August 05, 2017 - 10:32 AM

Safari ( Apple) and no major problems. Only issue I've had recently was my pics loaded sideways. 

Yes it ran smoother before, BUT as all things change, so must we , even though sometimes we don't like to,,,,,,

Bruce, please hang around. You and many of the senior members are and have been a great help to many of us trying to learn.

• KennyP and boyscout862 have said thanks

#20 DH1 OFFLINE  

DH1

Electric Tractors

• Contributor
  • Member No: 62
  • 5,136 Thanks
  • 5,521 posts

Posted August 05, 2017 - 10:38 AM

I have Internet Explorer with Windows 7 pro. and lots of issues.

• Gtractor, KennyP and 29 Chev have said thanks

#21 daniel_b OFFLINE  

daniel_b
  • Member No: 65956
  • 95 Thanks
  • 89 posts

Posted August 05, 2017 - 11:14 AM

I browse here with:
. W3.1 - w/IE4
. W98 - w/IE6
. W2K Pro - w/IE6, w/Opera 9.6
. Win XP - w/IE6
. W7 Pro 64bit - w/IE11, w/Opera 11.51, w/Chrome 59
. few different versions of the ***uxes, and their respective browsers
(it just depends upon what pc I happen to be on when I get the urge)

I'm not defending the site when I say
I'm not sure blaming the site for everything is at all fair, just because they are admitting to having some problems,
We should all look at our own 'surfing habits' also

I have NO problems, YET, with any of the above OSs and the browsers mentioned.
HOWEVER
I have NEVER been to facebook to 'play' there!!!,
AND
can count on one hand the number of times I've been to uTube...

NOR do I just "clickity-click-click" away on internet sites and LINKS to other sites!
I do a tremendous amount of research, (part-time writer of manuals and such),
So I AM on the 'net for quite a number of hours per week.
I do have MY collection of softwares, a pretty short list really
some of which I have written, and some I've merely collected/downloaded over the years that I use...

I DO NOT go for the "latest-and-greatest" "just-because-it-is"
I don't even do ALL the newest drivers, updates etc., "just-because"
If I am having a problem, I DO go in search of a solution to THE PROBLEM I am having

Grand-Daddy and Daddy taught me a good basic rule many years ago:
IF IT AIN'T BROKE, NOTHING TO FIX!!!
So CHECK the oil, water, fluids - close the hood and drive it!

• Alc, KennyP, LilysDad and 1 other said thanks

#22 Xrperry OFFLINE  

Xrperry
  • Member No: 73285
  • 971 Thanks
  • 740 posts

Posted August 05, 2017 - 11:32 AM

Android marshmallow Google Chrome, tablet no issues
  • KennyP said thank you

#23 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,969 Thanks
  • 4,777 posts

Posted August 05, 2017 - 11:37 AM

Windows 7 using IE 11.

Can't use the paste function.  Can't use the quote feature.

I visit and post on a number of boards, both tractor related and tech related.

This is the ONLY site that I have those issues with, so I'm not buying the "It's an IE issue" excuses.

If other sites can keep their forums working with all browsers, then there is no reason that this one can't as well.

• KennyP, shorty, TomLGT195 and 1 other said thanks

#24 MiCarl ONLINE  

MiCarl
  • Member No: 75926
  • 1,826 Thanks
  • 985 posts

Posted August 05, 2017 - 11:43 AM

I browse here with:
. W3.1 - w/IE4
. W98 - w/IE6
. Win XP - w/IE6

I'm not defending the site when I say
I'm not sure blaming the site for everything is at all fair, just because they are admitting to having some problems,
We should all look at our own 'surfing habits' also

I have NO problems, YET, with any of the above OSs and the browsers mentioned.
HOWEVER
I have NEVER been to facebook to 'play' there!!!,
AND
can count on one hand the number of times I've been to uTube...

NOR do I just "clickity-click-click" away on internet sites and LINKS to other sites!
I do a tremendous amount of research, (part-time writer of manuals and such),
So I AM on the 'net for quite a number of hours per week.
I do have MY collection of softwares, a pretty short list really
some of which I have written, and some I've merely collected/downloaded over the years that I use...

I DO NOT go for the "latest-and-greatest" "just-because-it-is"
I don't even do ALL the newest drivers, updates etc., "just-because"
If I am having a problem, I DO go in search of a solution to THE PROBLEM I am having

Grand-Daddy and Daddy taught me a good basic rule many years ago:
IF IT AIN'T BROKE, NOTHING TO FIX!!!
So CHECK the oil, water, fluids - close the hood and drive it!

I've got to agree with a lot of this sentiment.  I regularly access the site with Firefox (always newest version) on Windows 7 Professional, Windows Vista Home and two different computers with Linux OS.  I also occasionally use it with Chrome from an Android phone and tablet.  Have never had an issue.

I do some things on the Windows and Linux computers to block a lot of adware and bloatware.  Unfortunately those things require some skill.

I believe cutting and pasting are done entirely on your local platform (computer, tablet, phone) and I'm not sure how the site itself could impact that.  I'm always puzzled by these complaints............

Also, I believe it's possible to insert pictures from facebook, photobucket etc. into a post.  If you don't have adequate privileges for those sites you're not going to see the picture.  Nothing GTT can do about that.

Uploads however require coordination between the site and your browser.  I can see where there could be compatibility problems there.

• KennyP said thank you

#25 shorty ONLINE  

shorty

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 6172
  • 4,975 Thanks
  • 5,032 posts

Posted August 05, 2017 - 11:48 AM

This is the ONLY site that I have those issues with, so I'm not buying the "It's an IE issue" excuses.

If other sites can keep their forums working with all browsers, then there is no reason that this one can't as well.

Totally agree.
Lack of maintenance, kind of like driving with flat tires.
  • KennyP said thank you

#26 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 8,920 Thanks
  • 4,824 posts

Posted August 05, 2017 - 11:49 AM

Windows 7 Professional operating system with Internet Explorer browser

On this site I:

Can't quote at all.

Can't copy and paste at all.

Can't edit a post until after I close that browser and open a new browser, then I can edit fine.

All my pictures are at the bottom of post as an attachment instead of being able to put them in the post with the paragraph where they are relevant.

This all started between June 25th and June 30th based on my thread "sometimes I think" where the post on the 25th has picture[s] IN the post and the post on the 30th has the pic at the bottom. 

I am having some copy and paste problems on other websites - otherwise no problems like here.

Edited by Gtractor, August 05, 2017 - 11:51 AM.

• DH1, Alc, KennyP and 1 other said thanks

#27 daniel_b OFFLINE  

daniel_b
  • 95 Thanks
  • 89 posts

Posted August 05, 2017 - 03:10 PM

There seems to be alot of problems with the site. Some i have is when not looged in i can not read posts or get a pic to inlarge. Then the pop ups lock up everything and i have to leave. I do not always login but do come over alot as do the guest users and if this is the same things they deal with not sure how long they would stay. I do have some of the same problems when i do log in just not as bad. I use win10 and my iphone and the same issue with both.

bad this is. Please include your operating system, browser used so the tech can try to help fix this.
I have Windows 8 and use Firefox. I am not having any issues.

Only copy and paste troubles I have, are my great big hands😂

I'm using my iPhone with whatever browser it came with

I like this answer!!!

Using Window 10 home version and I.E. 11 on a P.C.  It will not allow me to paste links - or use "Quote" button on this site.  It appears to still let me load pictures (jpegs) 10 at a time and I can use the "Multiquote" button to quote a post.   Just tried "MTF" site and I can still use paste feature on it with I.E.11 which lead me to believe it is a site problem as much or more so that an Internet Explorer / Microsoft problem.

If I use Microsft Edge it will let me paste links and the quote button appears to function but Edge only lets me load pictures one at a time.

It is becoming frustrating to have to juggle between the two web browsers to try and help other members or post things on this site.

My thanks to Kenny P and other moderators (both past and present) for being concerned about the issues on this site and taking the time and effort to look into them - sad that it appears the owners don't appear to have the necessary resources to address and fix issues such as this in a timely manner. 

While changing web browsers may appear to be an easy fix as some members suggest other members such as myself are not eager to download and learn another web browser just so we can try and use this site.  I would assume that at some point in the near future members who use other browsers such as Chrome and Firefox may start to have issues as well as the other browsers are updated and the site does not respond to the updated versions of these browsers either.  

Windows 7 using IE 11.

Can't use the paste function.  Can't use the quote feature.

I visit and post on a number of boards, both tractor related and tech related.

17.08.05_GTtalk_PC-practices_01.jpg

well, what can I say,

there IS a PC sub-forum here on the site,

and, I think the reason FOR the forum is to help others???

but I doubt there are to many mind-readers here on the forums...

#28 LilysDad ONLINE  

LilysDad

Millennium Falcon

• Contributor
  • Member No: 10443
  • 12,623 Thanks
  • 9,439 posts

Posted August 05, 2017 - 03:32 PM

I browse here with:
. W3.1 - w/IE4
. W98 - w/IE6
. Win XP - w/IE6

Anyone else still using Commodore 64?

#29 daniel_b OFFLINE  

daniel_b
  • 95 Thanks
  • 89 posts

Posted August 05, 2017 - 03:36 PM

Anyone else still using Commodore 64?

hey now, I didn't say I had one of those,  :rolling:

#30 WNYTractorTinkerer ONLINE  

WNYTractorTinkerer

Tinker Master

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 10789
  • 9,958 Thanks
  • 5,579 posts

Posted August 05, 2017 - 03:52 PM

Windows 7 Professional operating system with Internet Explorer browser

On this site I:

Can't quote at all.

Can't copy and paste at all.

Can't edit a post until after I close that browser and open a new browser, then I can edit fine.

All my pictures are at the bottom of post as an attachment instead of being able to put them in the post with the paragraph where they are relevant.

This all started between June 25th and June 30th based on my thread "sometimes I think" where the post on the 25th has picture[s] IN the post and the post on the 30th has the pic at the bottom. 

I am having some copy and paste problems on other websites - otherwise no problems like here.

Sounds like a windows update screwed the pooch for you guys since it seems all IE-10 users are affected..  I'm sticking with Win7 & Chrome until either my machine dies or I do..  Needless to say my updates have been shut OFF for many a moon.  The way for those affected to fix the problem is to 'restore' windows to a time prior to the last update before you had trouble.  (None of your data will be affected, just the software)  Go to Control panel>  admisnistrative tools> System Restore.  Search your restore points and pick the date before your problems started..  It will take a while then restart..

Edited by WNYTractorTinkerer, August 05, 2017 - 03:54 PM.

• Gtractor said thank you