• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Fatlipper OFFLINE  

Fatlipper
  • Member No: 87075
  • 2 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted August 03, 2017 - 08:57 PM

Greetings all. I need help as I am about to lose my mind trying to figure out how to install the dozer attachment on a 1985 YT16H. If I go by the manual instructions online:

1. The mounting frame is too short based on where the rear installs by the hitch
2. Access to the adjustment pin on the front is under the engine and
3. The lift arm looks completely different and gives me a headache

Trial and error got me nowhere. If anyone out there could post a picture of how this should be installed on this specific model I would be grateful.

Please and thank you in advance.

A

#2 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 34,255 Thanks
  • 43,378 posts

Posted August 04, 2017 - 05:24 AM

Is this what the blade looks like?

ScreenShot137.jpg

• boyscout862 and MolonLabe have said thanks

#3 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Member No: 8923
  • 11,479 Thanks
  • 8,482 posts

Posted August 04, 2017 - 05:56 AM

Welcome to GTT. When you have questions, you can post pics of the situation to help us identify what you have. Our Manuals Section should have the manual for you tractor. Good Luck, Rick

#4 Fatlipper OFFLINE  

Fatlipper
  • 2 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted August 04, 2017 - 09:54 AM

Is this what the blade looks like?

attachicon.gifScreenShot137.jpg

That is exactly what I am working with.  The frame to the blade was put together many years ago and is complete.  My issue is how to connect it to the tractor itself.  Directions in the manual (thanks Rick) show attaching the frame under the hitch on the rear of the tractor, but if that is done the adjustment pin on the front for blade angle is wedged under the engine.  Something isn't jiving. The length of the blade's frame is not adjustable.

• KennyP said thank you

#5 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 34,255 Thanks
  • 43,378 posts

Posted August 04, 2017 - 11:09 AM

That is exactly what I am working with.  The frame to the blade was put together many years ago and is complete.  My issue is how to connect it to the tractor itself.  Directions in the manual (thanks Rick) show attaching the frame under the hitch on the rear of the tractor, but if that is done the adjustment pin on the front for blade angle is wedged under the engine.  Something isn't jiving. The length of the blade's frame is not adjustable.

I'll have to look that up.

Looked in the manual and it does say to attach at the rear hitch area. Did this blade come with the tractor? Maybe someone modified it for a smaller tractor?

• Fatlipper said thank you

#6 Fatlipper OFFLINE  

Fatlipper
  • 2 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted August 04, 2017 - 12:26 PM

I'll have to look that up.

Looked in the manual and it does say to attach at the rear hitch area. Did this blade come with the tractor? Maybe someone modified it for a smaller tractor?

Thanks, Kenny.  The unit does not appear to be modified, but that is a great point since it did come with the tractor loose due to the mower deck being attached.  Is there a way of determining where part #15 in the diagram you posted is supposed to line up on the underside of the tractor?  I think knowing that would give me a great point of reference for installation.

• KennyP said thank you

#7 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • 34,255 Thanks
  • 43,378 posts

Posted August 04, 2017 - 02:21 PM

Thanks, Kenny.  The unit does not appear to be modified, but that is a great point since it did come with the tractor loose due to the mower deck being attached.  Is there a way of determining where part #15 in the diagram you posted is supposed to line up on the underside of the tractor?  I think knowing that would give me a great point of reference for installation.

That I cannot tell you. Maybe someone has that info and can help us out here!

• Fatlipper said thank you