Garden Tractor Forums banner

New toy just need to figure out how to mount it.

4K views 20 replies 9 participants last post by  Kster526 
#1 ·
Well Pop came home with a new toy from the auction this weekend and now we just need to figure out how to mount it.

Its a Haban Sickle Mo model 426 .We were told it came off a JD 214 and its in pretty good shape .

Anyone have installation instructions or a set of pics?

From pictures I've on the inner web it looks straight forward but I would like a reference point to start from.

Should be a nice addition to the collection and is a nice conversation piece.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
#6 ·
We are thinking of putting it on a JD 110 10 hp.

Thank you everyone for the help with the manuals and comments. I'll post a pic when we figure out the mounting

From what I have read you can use it on a 100 or 200 series John Deere. He has a 210 which we know it'll work on but he wants it on his 110 that is one of his favorites. This is a bit of new territory for he and I so we will embark on it together. He was pretty excited to score it.

Thank you again.

#8 ·
Well Saturday we we mounted up the new addition to Pop's collection. It was fairly straight forward thanks to the parts list from you guys and internet pics. Took around two hours of trial error and discussion. Works great and looks great on the tractor. We installed it on a 1973 John Deere 110 10 HP which was one of the first JD's in his collection and one of his favorites.

Funny how the installation of something like this raises the cool factor of an L & G tractor now matter what the color.

I can say honestly it scared both of us a bit when running it so we both agreed that the tractor is off when around it. It needs 100 percent respect while its being used. The lawyers would love these things...........

Attachments

#10 ·
After we were completed the installation of the Sickle Mo I got a gift for helping Pop. He made another purchase at the auction but kept it secret until we were done.

I am happy to say it was an integral hitch and single bottom plow for the integral. I could not believe it. If I tell you all what he payed for it you would not believe it. I could not even pay him back for what he payed for it. Wow ......

But wanting this set up for a long time and just cannot believe my luck. Thanks Pop!!!

So now the integral has been repainted black and will be installed on my 1974 John Deere 112 when the paint dries this week.

Been wanting to join in the plow day fun as i have never experienced it so this year I'll be watching to see where you guys local to me go to play for awhile. Pop has one already so I'll try to talk him into joining us.

Attachments

#11 ·
Plowing is a blast! Glad you will be able to join in the fun somewhere!

Reactions: Kster526
#12 ·
Well Saturday we we mounted up the new addition to Pop's collection. It was fairly straight forward thanks to the parts list from you guys and internet pics. Took around two hours of trial error and discussion. Works great and looks great on the tractor. We installed it on a 1973 John Deere 110 10 HP which was one of the first JD's in his collection and one of his favorites.

Funny how the installation of something like this raises the cool factor of an L & G tractor now matter what the color.

I can say honestly it scared both of us a bit when running it so we both agreed that the tractor is off when around it. It needs 100 percent respect while its being used. The lawyers would love these things...........
I'm jealous! I've been looking for a sickle bar for a while now and haven't had any luck.

The tractors looks like it's ready to work. Take some pictures when it in action.

Reactions: KennyP and Kster526
#13 ·
I have a video of it running but I cannot get it to load up. Ill try again. Its right after we had it installed. We did not want to move it until we new it was ok.

It was greased and lubricated before we ran it under the tractors power. It looks like it was not used real hard from the PO and looks like a super size hedge trimmer. Sorry I just think its way cool and I know how excited he was when he scored it. :pushmower: :pushmower: :pushmower: :pushmower:

#17 ·
That is nothing short of awsome,I am still learning and use to think years ago that garden tractor were pretty much oversized lawn mowers,I had a Massy Harris 44 tractor with a New Idea loader and also owned a Gehl hydro cat skid loader for the real work,After I got my first GT and started really looking at them I have had my eyes opened a long ways and am still amazed at the attachments and things you can really do with them and have fun doing it!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.