#1 OldBuzzard OFFLINE  

OldBuzzard

Tractorholic

• Contributor
  • Member No: 805
  • 6,827 Thanks
  • 4,734 posts

Posted July 30, 2017 - 08:59 PM

Well, the last of my Bolens tractors have left the Buzzards Nest.

It's been a good run, but with my current life situation, it was time for my collection to find new homes so other folks can enjoy them.

I still have a few goodies here, but they too will be going off to other folks.

I WILL still be keeping in touch here as I still have a love for 'all things Bolens'.  It's just that when I finally settle everything here, I'll be living full time in the HMS Rainmaker, and there just isn't any  room in that rascal for a tractor collection.

Not everything has been sold, but those items are at Rick's and Kevin's places as they have offered to help sell off everything.

• olcowhand, Gtractor, MH81 and 21 others have said thanks

#2 olcowhand OFFLINE  

olcowhand

Red Tractor Nut & Diesel Addict

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Sponsor
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 20
  • 38,021 Thanks
  • 30,441 posts

Posted July 30, 2017 - 09:18 PM

Dang Dave, I hate to hear this, but life sends us down different roads sometimes.  Hope to see you again.  Maybe you can drop in on one of my plow days some day.

• OldBuzzard, blackjackjakexxix, WrenchinOnIt and 4 others have said thanks

#3 Cat385B OFFLINE  

Cat385B

Therapy CAT

• Contributor
  • Member No: 8002
  • 12,957 Thanks
  • 9,514 posts

Posted July 30, 2017 - 09:18 PM

I'm glad to hear you've got that mostly ironed out, and wish you the best in this next venture.

I look forward to reading about the Rainmaker tour. May I suggest getting a current US drought map to plan your trip?
  • OldBuzzard, blackjackjakexxix, KennyP and 7 others have said thanks

#4 MH81 ONLINE  

MH81

Proud to be Deplorable

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 802
  • 29,898 Thanks
  • 29,724 posts

Posted July 30, 2017 - 09:19 PM

You've saved and collected many Bolens pieces that could've ended up in scrap heaps. You took the time and effort to either breathe new life into them or had someone else do it.
Glad you're finding your way, hope you keep some memorabilia to show the journey.

Good luck Dave.

Edited by MH81, July 30, 2017 - 09:19 PM.

• olcowhand, OldBuzzard, blackjackjakexxix and 11 others have said thanks

#5 oldedeeres OFFLINE  

oldedeeres
  • Member No: 14008
  • 7,815 Thanks
  • 3,994 posts

Posted July 30, 2017 - 11:16 PM

Change comes to us all Dave. I have found that you can either grab it by the horns and steer it, or let it hit you in the butt and carry you along. Sounds like you're doing the steering. Good luck in everything you do.

• MH81, blackjackjakexxix, KennyP and 4 others have said thanks

#6 Bolens800uk OFFLINE  

Bolens800uk
  • Member No: 63893
  • 1,570 Thanks
  • 1,115 posts

Posted July 30, 2017 - 11:56 PM

Best of luck Dave in your new venture.
  • blackjackjakexxix, boyscout862, logmillingman and 1 other said thanks

#7 WrenchinOnIt OFFLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8592
  • 3,317 Thanks
  • 906 posts

Posted July 31, 2017 - 06:37 AM

Dave, enjoyed the chronicled trips of the HMS Rainmaker they were second only to the actual Bolens or Allied attachment you were after. Okay it was a tie. Smooth sailing on life's journey henceforth. Your time here on this site and your input as you became a very astute Bolens collector and information gatherer is much appreciated. Glad you'll still be stopping by. I wish you the best. Stay well.

Kevin.
  • MH81, LPBolens, blackjackjakexxix and 5 others have said thanks

#8 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 34,187 Thanks
  • 43,306 posts

Posted July 31, 2017 - 06:45 AM

Best to you as you make your travels!

• blackjackjakexxix, logmillingman and kjmweld have said thanks

#9 Husky OFFLINE  

Husky

• Contributor
  • Member No: 63
  • 1,093 Thanks
  • 1,018 posts

Posted July 31, 2017 - 07:11 AM

Your are great member here and always lots of help. I wish you the best and glad  that you kept a few goodies around.

• MH81, blackjackjakexxix and kjmweld have said thanks

#10 TAHOE OFFLINE  

TAHOE
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 24522
  • 7,593 Thanks
  • 5,513 posts

Posted July 31, 2017 - 08:58 AM

Sorry to hear Dave, but life does have different chapters that we close after we've "read" them.

Good luck with the new adventures in the rain maker.

didn't think you would ever let go of that diesel

• blackjackjakexxix, oldedeeres and kjmweld have said thanks

#11 kjmweld OFFLINE  

kjmweld
  • Member No: 85357
  • 244 Thanks
  • 198 posts

Posted July 31, 2017 - 09:59 AM

Dave,
I've envied what you've collected over the years and enjoyed reading of your travels to get some of them. Your vast knowledge of these machines and implements they use, have helped me out countless times. I have always respected your opinions on things and enjoyed talking to you at times if even just to up MY knowledge of these (mostly large frames) tractors. You will be missed but very much. Very glad to hear that you'll still be lurking from time to time. Best of luck to you in your travels & be safe. I look forward to hearing of your travels as you close the door with this chapter in life and will be excited when I read how the next chapter is going. Much respect to you for making the decisions you have, I'm SURE it was NOT an easy one. Tc my friend.
KEN
  • MH81, blackjackjakexxix, WrenchinOnIt and 2 others have said thanks

#12 Oldford OFFLINE  

Oldford
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 50409
  • 1,100 Thanks
  • 774 posts

Posted July 31, 2017 - 11:10 AM

Dang i just got my bolens last year so i could hang with the cool guys.  didn't even realize you were selling, always liked the videos of your forklift, loader, etc loading things onto trailers.

seeing how much you spent on some of the rare items made me feel not so bad about what i was paying for tractor parts.  hope you got most of your dough back out of it.

who knows maybe some of the campgrounds will have equipment needing work... or someone to operate it...

• blackjackjakexxix and kjmweld have said thanks

#13 UncleWillie OFFLINE  

UncleWillie

wabbit wangler

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10399
  • 14,561 Thanks
  • 8,315 posts

Posted July 31, 2017 - 03:46 PM

Not sure if I am happy that you have sold all your tractors, or if I am sad you are no longer saving them. 

Be sure to swing the Rainmaker by here. You always have a parking spot out front. 

• olcowhand, blackjackjakexxix and kjmweld have said thanks

#14 blackjackjakexxix OFFLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Member No: 2194
  • 2,723 Thanks
  • 1,988 posts

Posted July 31, 2017 - 05:10 PM

Dave, I must say its been super making a friendship with you,your knowledge has been a great help to me and others,I hope you will take the time to keep us in line on here,theres always questions that need to be answered, theres not one of us on here who know it all,putting our heads together we will be able to help each other out I'm sure,good luck on your trips and stay safe,hope to see you on the road some where,I'll stay in touch
  • LPBolens, KennyP, Sawdust and 3 others have said thanks

#15 Austen OFFLINE  

Austen
  • Member No: 33768
  • 1,244 Thanks
  • 753 posts

Posted July 31, 2017 - 08:20 PM

Dave,

It sounds like a bittersweet time in your life, and one that should be celebrated and looked upon in a positive light. While it was probably a hard decision to sell the equipment, you're now embarking on some important new beginnings that likely wouldn't have been possible had you still retained the collection. There is a lot more to life than tangible things that we cannot take with us forever so enjoy living with a lighter suitcase and appreciating life in new ways you hadn't before. :thumbs:  

I remember when I was looking for a Bolens a few years ago and appreciating your welcoming nature of having another enthusiast join the Bolens community. It was fun discussing different candidates through PM during this time. You also searched as well and sent me links which I enjoyed and thought for someone to take their time to do that was pretty neat. I (think) you enjoyed it as much as I did and I appreciated the opportunity getting to know you a little bit more.

Thanks for all that you've contributed in this hobby. Many have benefited from it and also enjoyed sharing the passion with you too. It sounds like you need to start your own version of a pinned thread in the Off Topic section... something along the lines of "Adventures With The HMS Rainmaker" comes to mind. :thumbs:

Edited by Austen, July 31, 2017 - 08:28 PM.

• LPBolens, blackjackjakexxix, Paulgo and 3 others have said thanks