3 replies to this topic

#1 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 8,799 Thanks
  • 6,034 posts

Posted July 30, 2017 - 12:32 PM

Carolyn run over to our neighbor town yesterday morning as they were having town wide yard sales.  Small town about 600 or so.  One guy had 9 battery drill & tools sets.  Wanted $5 for all.  She brought them home. Started to check out chargers and batteries last evening.  Finished up this morning.  Out of the whole bunch I ended up with 3 drills and 2 sets that have recharged batteries in working condition.  Couple of Skill, one 18V and one 14.4 V.  A Coleman set in the gray box with a scroll saw, 3/8" drill, work light with 2 batteries and charger.  Couple off brands like the gold one is a 1/2" drive and both batteries charged up.  Will see how long they hold a charge in a few days.  Have one nice drill about like the gold one but no battery or charger.  A Milwaukee 1/2"  14.5 V drill with a good charger but no batteries.  One other off brand drill with no battery.  All in all I think she came out OK on the buy.  Don't really know what I will do with them yet but will find some place to put them.

Drills-1.JPG     Drills-2.JPG

• Gtractor, grnspot110, hamman and 3 others have said thanks

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 35,073 Thanks
  • 44,094 posts

Posted July 30, 2017 - 04:35 PM

Have fun sorting it all out! Just one good working unit pays you back!

• boyscout862 and chieffan have said thanks

#3 dodge trucker ONLINE  

dodge trucker
  • Member No: 19314
  • 1,955 Thanks
  • 2,589 posts

Posted July 30, 2017 - 05:32 PM

you can get knockoff batteries for the Milwaukee pretty cheaply. claim more amp-hours than original, meaning more run time.

• KennyP and chieffan have said thanks

#4 chieffan OFFLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 8,799 Thanks
  • 6,034 posts

Posted July 30, 2017 - 07:19 PM

Have fun sorting it all out! Just one good working unit pays you back!

I think I have them all sorted out.  Ended up with 3 working drill/drivers and 2 working kits.  Have 3 I probably won't do anything with.  Will put one in the machine shed, already have a De Walt in the shop with two impacts all 18V, a B&D with two batt. in the wood shop and a B&D in the basement shop.

you can get knockoff batteries for the Milwaukee pretty cheaply. claim more amp-hours than original, meaning more run time.

I found a couple on eBay for around $20.  Drill looks like it has seen a ton of use so not sure I want to put $20 in it have a good battery and a dead drill, especially since I don't need it.   I might try jumping a 12V battery to it and see how it runs first.  Real good brand but they wear out too.