Garden Tractors and Parts on eBay

Photo
- - - - -

Calgary - Kwik way loader on some kind of sears tractor ($750)

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Mustard Tiger OFFLINE  

Mustard Tiger
  • Member No: 84537
  • 73 Thanks
  • 76 posts

Posted July 29, 2017 - 07:27 AM

https://www.kijiji.c...gationFlag=true

I don't know anything about sears machines but even if it is junk the loader is worth the price.

• Traill95 said thank you

#2 KennyP ONLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 34,208 Thanks
  • 43,326 posts

Posted July 29, 2017 - 08:00 AM

That would be nice to have, for sure!

#3 secondtry OFFLINE  

secondtry
  • Member No: 83632
  • 1,121 Thanks
  • 923 posts

Posted July 29, 2017 - 08:11 AM

Looks like a money pit to me, that said if it was closer I would be off to look. Don

• 1oldbuzz said thank you

#4 chieffan ONLINE  

chieffan
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 62695
  • 8,380 Thanks
  • 5,799 posts

Posted July 29, 2017 - 10:50 AM

A guy could get lucky and not have to put much in the loader.  Then again if cylinders need rebuilt, new hoses, control valve rebuilt and so on.  If one can get the onan to run score a plus, if not, more $$ to repair.  50/50 deal there.

#5 Xrperry OFFLINE  

Xrperry
  • Member No: 73285
  • 835 Thanks
  • 654 posts

Posted July 29, 2017 - 10:54 AM

Just wondering, I know a lot of you guys want a front end loader. My question is how much weight will one pick Up? I can't see one picking up a full load of gravel or dirt, maybe it can, but you need a bunch of counterweight. Hard on the tractor?. Anyway maybe someone can give me some info.i have passed up a few for cheap.

#6 Mustard Tiger OFFLINE  

Mustard Tiger
  • Member No: 84537
  • 73 Thanks
  • 76 posts

Posted July 29, 2017 - 04:16 PM

I think you are limited by the weight your tractor can support before you run into limits on the loader.  As far as I know, they are 800 PSI.  Which gives you 630 pounds of lift capacity for a 1 inch cylinder, and there are two of them.  You aren't getting 1200 pounds because its lifting behind the weight, but it should be more than enough.

• Traill95 and Xrperry have said thanks

#7 secondtry OFFLINE  

secondtry
  • 1,121 Thanks
  • 923 posts

Posted July 30, 2017 - 11:01 AM

I just installed pallet forks on my 8N. Before doing this I cruised the web looking for load capabilities of the tractor. The consensus seamed to be under 1000 lbs. I remembered an N series from my youth that seamed to be moving much more. I spent several days building a replacement for the bucket to mount the forks. When I got done I was able to unload pallets of wood pellets from a trailer. One ton per pallet. It took an insane amount of counter weight and is almost impossible to steer but it got the job done. I will try to upload pics later. Don

• Cvans said thank you

#8 secondtry OFFLINE  

secondtry
  • 1,121 Thanks
  • 923 posts

Posted July 31, 2017 - 08:46 AM

Pictures of my fork build. Don

Attached Thumbnails

• 100_1414.JPG
  • 100_1413.JPG

#9 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 5,774 Thanks
  • 5,734 posts

Posted July 31, 2017 - 11:03 AM

Nice looking forks. You have to remember that 1000lbs can quickly become twice that load on the axle if you drive into a rut or pot hole. I have a Ford 850 with a loader sometimes when the loader is full and I hit a bump I worry about that light front axle. Good so far but!

• secondtry said thank you

#10 secondtry OFFLINE  

secondtry
  • 1,121 Thanks
  • 923 posts

Posted July 31, 2017 - 04:04 PM

Nice looking forks. You have to remember that 1000lbs can quickly become twice that load on the axle if you drive into a rut or pot hole. I have a Ford 850 with a loader sometimes when the loader is full and I hit a bump I worry about that light front axle. Good so far but!

I have been lifting 1 ton pallets of wood pellets. Since lifting the pellets took almost all weight of the rear tires I have to assume that the weight of the pellets and the weight of the tractor are balanced on the front axle. 2000 + 4700 + about 1000 for the loader frame and forks. 8000 lbs on the front axle would not surprise me. Add any shock loading and the front end is overloaded X 10. Traveling with this load is very slow and cautious. Traveling with this load more than a couple inches of the ground is insane. Don 

• Cvans said thank you

#11 Cvans ONLINE  

Cvans

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 5412
  • 5,774 Thanks
  • 5,734 posts

Posted July 31, 2017 - 05:03 PM

Add any shock loading and the front end is overloaded X 10. Traveling with this load is very slow and cautious. Traveling with this load more than a couple inches of the ground is insane. Don 

Good to hear that you've thinking about it too. I didn't want to get too scary about it. I have a friend that was almost crushed to death when his Cockshutt tractor with a loader broke in the middle. Wish there was someplace a guy could find the load ratings on tractor front axles. 

• secondtry said thank you