• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Austen OFFLINE  

Austen
  • Member No: 33768
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 847 posts

Posted July 23, 2017 - 05:38 PM

Well, this was the last item on the checklist I had planned for this tractor and I am officially calling it "done."

dQHzOz0h.jpg
This is the Agristore CAT-0 hydraulic top link. It came a dark forest green which didn't fit with anything else on the tractor so I had it included with an order of rims off my Economy PK that I recently had powdercoated a mirror black finish.

2fPZ3Tgh.jpg
BhOxHckh.jpg
lTSqZWRh.jpg
XheI6yMh.jpg
Kevin- (Wrenchonit) was kind enough to provide me with recommendations on hoses and fittings. Agristore actually sells a hose/fitting setup that's designed to run off this top link however the length of their hoses are way too long for this configuration. For some reason I had forgotten up until recently about a local hydraulic shop so I ended up just taking a everything down there with my measurements and specs and they made up what I was looking for johnny on the spot. They're the best.

SoZ5sTqh.jpg
WijzceIh.jpg
The hose length I went with is 20." It allows just enough room for the hoses not to bind up on the edge of the seat pan with the cylinder at the highest position. It took a little bit of finessing at first to get it setup where it was "happy". At first, I tried it with the hoses in the upright position but they came into contact with the light so that wasn't going to work. I then flipped it upside down, readjusted the hoses and fittings, and everything seems happy.

xKIhmWHh.jpg
The top link is controlled via the auxiliary hydraulic lever. It was a great opportunity to take advantage of the rear hydraulic remotes and make the box blade even more convenient to use vs. using the manual top link to make finite adjustments.

npVTjf6h.jpg
I've never liked how when you disconnected the top link from your implement, it rested directly on the rockshaft which got both it and the rockshaft scratched up. So, I cut a piece of some rubber and attached it around the point where the top link comes into contact when it's disconnected.

Would I recommend it?
Yes, it is a nice addition to any tractor that is capable of running it. It is very quick responding with smooth action too which I've shown in the video. Things to note or expect are that you will likely want to refinish it. Even though mine did not come as one of their “scratched” versions, it still had its share of chips which are somewhat unavoidable to due the weight and mass of it when it comes into contact just with just about any hard surface. You will also need to spend a little time figuring out the routing of the hoses, length of them, and the types of fittings you want to use. I initially learned the hard way that a standard 90 degree fitting will not work as they run into each other due to their close placement when you try to screw them in before I went to the hydraulic shop and they had this type instead.

Also, Agristore I now see is offering cosmetically flawed versions for a good discounted rate. I would take advantage of this because like I said, you’ll probably want to refinish yours anyway as the normal “unflawed” version already has its share of chips and scratches. https://www.agristor...raulic-top-link

FgijA8Kh.jpg
Swp8NaTh.jpg
dinaAGEh.jpg
SpEU4cNh.jpg
j9zeDUyh.jpg
7NxbUOsh.jpg
ogjN1onh.jpg

Edited by Austen, July 23, 2017 - 11:11 PM.

• Bolens 1000, olcowhand, Alc and 11 others have said thanks

#2 bonusbuilt1950 ONLINE  

bonusbuilt1950
  • Member No: 82972
  • 444 Thanks
  • 221 posts

Posted July 23, 2017 - 06:04 PM

That is cool!

• Austen said thank you

#3 kjmweld ONLINE  

kjmweld
  • Member No: 85357
  • 384 Thanks
  • 296 posts

Posted July 23, 2017 - 06:25 PM

Very nice Austen. I too have plans for one of those, thanks for making getting one much easier by supplying #'s and the link. (& a shout out to Kevin as well).
  • Austen said thank you

#4 Alc ONLINE  

Alc

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1094
  • 6,606 Thanks
  • 7,332 posts

Posted July 23, 2017 - 08:14 PM

Very nice set-up ,
  • Austen said thank you

#5 Austen OFFLINE  

Austen
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 847 posts

Posted July 23, 2017 - 09:07 PM

That is cool!

Thanks, bonusbuilt1950.

Very nice Austen. I too have plans for one of those, thanks for making getting one much easier by supplying #'s and the link. (& a shout out to Kevin as well).

Thanks, Ken.

Very nice set-up ,

Thanks, Alc.

#6 blackjackjakexxix OFFLINE  

blackjackjakexxix

Blackjackjakexxix

• Member No: 2194
  • 2,871 Thanks
  • 2,076 posts

Posted July 23, 2017 - 09:14 PM

What a super set up,very nice
  • Austen said thank you

#7 Bdgjr215 ONLINE  

Bdgjr215
  • Member No: 81793
  • 81 Thanks
  • 52 posts

Posted July 23, 2017 - 10:20 PM

Good stuff Austen,thanks for posting!
  • Austen said thank you

#8 Austen OFFLINE  

Austen
  • 1,472 Thanks
  • 847 posts

Posted July 24, 2017 - 01:16 PM

What a super set up,very nice

Thanks, Rick.

Good stuff Austen,thanks for posting!

Thanks, Bdgjr215.

You'd think these should come stock with the 3 point hitches.

#9 Clevis OFFLINE  

Clevis
  • Member No: 82966
  • 224 Thanks
  • 143 posts

Posted July 24, 2017 - 05:42 PM

Nice touch to a sweet rig.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk
  • Austen said thank you

#10 Austen OFFLINE  

Austen