• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Amcwheel85 OFFLINE  

Amcwheel85
  • Member No: 86341
  • 5 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted July 22, 2017 - 03:19 PM

Been wondering what the Massey is worth... I have seen almost every model except the 14 and 16s for sale... only 2 reasons for this question is curiosity and I plan on buying a new mustang within next 6 months to a year and may have to sell the Massey to make room... idk yet tho. Massey only needs carb rebuilt(leaks) and seal in the rear. No attachments. Other then that it would be good to go, if I sold it I would want it to go to a collector and not some Joe shmo that was gonna destroy it!...

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_1490.JPG

#2 KennyP OFFLINE  

KennyP

FORDoholic

• Super Moderator
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 2253
  • 36,529 Thanks
  • 44,977 posts

Posted July 22, 2017 - 03:24 PM

I won't comment on value as that is an area arena!

• propane1 said thank you

#3 Amcwheel85 OFFLINE  

Amcwheel85
  • 5 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted July 22, 2017 - 03:26 PM

Well I hope I don't have to sell it but if I do I don't want to be way off either way on price. It has 3 MF hub caps. And really I'm only 2-3hrs away from southern ILL or IN.

#4 Gtractor ONLINE  

Gtractor

The Tractor Hoarder

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 782
  • 8,931 Thanks
  • 4,826 posts

Posted July 22, 2017 - 04:57 PM

Since you just bought the Massey less than 4 months ago I figure you have a better idea of what its worth than I could. 

I've not bought a 14 or a 16 since then so I'm kind of in the dark on those. 

Good luck!!  :thumbs:

#5 Amcwheel85 OFFLINE  

Amcwheel85
  • 5 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted July 22, 2017 - 06:01 PM

I already know how long I have had it but I bought it in a package deal so. I just wanna know a range of what they sell in. Who cares how long ago I bought it anyway? I didn't buy it to sell but things come up and also idk if I'm even gonna sell it for sure!..

#6 Amcwheel85 OFFLINE  

Amcwheel85
  • 5 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted July 22, 2017 - 07:55 PM

More Pics

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_2644.JPG
  • IMG_2641.JPG
  • IMG_2645.JPG

• DMAX said thank you

#7 Oldford OFFLINE  

Oldford
  • Member No: 50409
  • 1,134 Thanks
  • 786 posts

Posted July 22, 2017 - 09:01 PM

If you fix the carb and rear end you can expect fair market value, if not it's a fixer-upper and buyers will respond accordingly.

• jimmy G said thank you

#8 Amcwheel85 OFFLINE  

Amcwheel85
  • 5 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted July 23, 2017 - 10:47 AM

Wouldn't consider it a fixer upper. And whatever market value is and deduct $100 for the repairs. And I still have not got any numbers from anyone. This being a garden tractor forum I thought someone would have an idea. I have seen MF10-12s go for $200 without engine to $1100 non running but has attachments. Haven't seen any MF14 or 16 sell. Mines all original.

#9 DMAX ONLINE  

DMAX

Addicted

• Site Supporter
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 264
  • 331 Thanks
  • 125 posts

Posted July 23, 2017 - 11:11 AM

In my opinion it's a very original tractor. I own two 16's and paid $500 for one with a deck and snowplow. The other I paid $200 it only had a deck and it was pretty rough. Neither of mine were in as of nice of shape as yours when I bought them. When someone asks for a price on here it's tough as we all are from different areas which means the price will vary. For me I wouldn't pay as much for yours now as I would've when I didn't have any 16's. In my opinion anything under say 500 to 600 is a deal for a survivor like this one. But again if I was currently looking for one I'd definitely be willing to pay more and I think others would too. I must say that I'm glad to see that you want it to go to someone who won't destroy it. I know my buddy Kbuzz (Ken) on here would be all over it if we weren't so far away from you. I have two and still want yours! They're very nice tractors.
  • jimmy G said thank you

#10 Amcwheel85 OFFLINE  

Amcwheel85
  • 5 Thanks
  • 9 posts

Posted July 23, 2017 - 11:24 AM

I may get carb done this week and decide not to sell it idk... main reason I thought of selling it is that I am running out of room and cleaning out garage to make room for when I order my new mustang so it has a place to stay. This is the biggest most expensive tractor I have so.. deep down I hope it doesn't sell lol