Plant Tire Wheel Automotive tire Green
Tire Wheel Plant Vehicle Sky
Wheel Tire Plant Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Hood Plant Tire Automotive lighting Automotive tire
Plant Grass Tool Monoplane Garden tool
Plant Tire Automotive tire Mower Wheel
Plant Grass Tire Groundcover Lawn
Wheel Plant Tire Vehicle Automotive tire
I put forth for your consideration, my 1962 Gemco Big Boy. I purchased this machine three years ago. And after an extensive search I managed to find one in South Carolina. Since I only heard, but never seen one before, well you know I, I had to have it. The tractor is shown here with its original Brinly implements the cultivator being my favorite. This tractor is becoming exceedingly rare as there were not many built. They were manufactured in Norfolk, VA. and were distributed by National Mower corp. from a warehouse in Buffalo NY. they were also available for purchase at Goodyear tire stores. The machine is chain driven and also has chain steering. But it's most interesting feature is its innovative implement lift system. While most if not all manufacturer's used an arm lift, this use's a leg lift system for front and rear implements, as the lift arm is reversible. While I personally know of eight of them, one belonging to GTTalk member jabelman and another I owned now in the hands of GTTalk member Andrew Black aka Panzer boy, I have never come across one with it's original lift arm. I should add those are the original paint colors. Thanks Hank.

This post has been promoted to an article

Attachments

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
Up for this month is my recently restored air compressor unit for a Bolens Power Ho. I found it a couple years ago, it was pretty decent so I put it in the corner figuring I'd do a refurb on it because I was hoping to find a restored or refurbished walk behind to fit it to.

So I asked about purchasing a members walk behind that happened to be a Super VersaMatic , not refurbished, needed a little work but we live pretty close , Mike (case 442) is a great guy and he agreed to let it go. Timing is everything right , so I'm leafing thru the latest Lawn & Garden Tractor Magazine and in the classifieds is a refurbished VersaMatic not that far from home, I contact for pictures and it turns out it's member Dennie's unit depicted in our gallery section , off I go ,meet Dennie another great GTtalk member and as we BS turns out he worked construction and we had several mutual acquaintances. Dennie's Versa is a gem ,he also has a refurbished Power Ho but not for sale at that time ( I mention because...) So we make deal, load it up and now I have a nice refurbished piece to attach the air compressor to. I also have to pick up Mike's because a deals a deal and can you really ever have to many Bolens ?

I give the air compressor a going over , roll out Dennie's Versa , it won't fit... roll out Mike's Super, won't fit... contact our astute Doctor of the Bolens brand Brian (Bolens 1000) send him a bunch of pics, he said ' well you can quit buying VersaMatics , it fits a Power Ho... shucks... Hey wait a minute member Dennie has a sweet Power Ho better yet no implements and it's close by. My hope is to play the sympathy card and talk him out of it, worth a try.... gone, just missed it.... oh well.

Last week or the week before or the one before that I find a Power Ho on CL , close enough to get in a day, make the trip, secure it and this weekend got it running , slapped the A/C to it and pumped away
Pics:

Attachments

#4 ·
All right, I'm entering my Ford LGT 100 and cultivator. This Ford is one of my garden work tractors. It's just a work tractor, that does many jobs. Snow plowing, ground plowing, disking, cultivating and other haulin jobs. I don't have a deck for it, so it does not cut grass, but I would like to get reel mowers for it, but that's not gunna happen real soon.

Now, the cultivator. It is a Brinly and was in its original package when I got it. This is a great tool. I got it last year from fellow member, Canadianhobbyfarmer. He shipped it from Ontario to Prince Edward Island for me. I use this implement a lot. One of the favorites. Keeps the weeds down. I made a potatoe hiller for it that hangs on one side. It works good. So, as I am killing potatoe bugs, I drop the cultivator in to the ground. Do two jobs at once. Sit on the tractor, kill bugs and control weeds.

Thanks for readin and lookin,
Noel

Attachments

#5 ·
I would like to nominate my 1988 Cub Cadet 1211 w/Brinly plow. I acquired this tractor in early spring of 2016 from a member over on the Cub forum, he bought it at an auction to flip and I just had to have it. It was a 6hr ride each way to pick it up from New Jersey.

When I got the Cub home I did all the usual stuff, pulled the head and flatten it, pull valves and clean them, decarbon the Piston, and a bunch of other general maintenance items. I sandblasted and painted the wheels and installed all new tires, I also installed the 3 point hitch. I wanted dual hydraulics so I bought a two spool valve and now have ports in the front and rear of the tractor, the levers for the valves were custom made by me and the powder coated in chrome to match the hydro speed lever. These pics were taken at PA plow day 2016 and the last pic was from a few weeks ago of it hanging out in the sun with all it's friends, when it's not plowing at a show it is my weekly mower.

Attachments

#6 · (Edited by Moderator)
Ok. I'll enter this tractor and tandem disks. It's a homelite textron. It had orange paint on it at one time. Some one painted it ford blue. It has all the same features as my ford lgt 165, but it has the optional front hydraulic ports. I have put the front hydraulic ports to use on my snow blower. It at the moment has a 12 hp kohler in it, but I would say that it was a 16 hp kohler when it was new. It's a great work machine. From what I found out, it's a 1987 model.

Ok the disks. When I bought the above tractor it came with this set of disks. I have had the disks and tractor for about 5 or 6 years now. I use the disks each season for garden work and put them in some parades. Nice and easy to maintain and to use.

Both of my implement entries will interchange between both of my tractor entries.

Noel

Attachments

#7 · (Edited by Moderator)
I'll throw in my Cub Cadet 147 with Haban sickle mower. I picked up the 147 back in 2011. One of my furthest runs for a tractor, took a better part of a day both ways...

After getting the tractor home, I went through the normal things, change the oil, fresh Hy- Tran and filter, rebuilt the trunnion. The fender pan was in real rough condition, so I took care of that. Pounded out some dents and applied a few coats of Iron Gard paint.

Then a friend of mine happened to have a Haban sickle bar mower for sale out in Joisey, so we made the deal, and had it shipped to WI through Fastenal. I thought the 147 would make the perfect sickle bar tractor. So after struggling like crazy to get it mounted up, I decided it's there to stay.

I added two IH wheel weights to the left side, for counter balance. This setup works great for cutting around the pond where I can't get to with the grass cutting tractor. And of course, I found other uses for it as well.

So the 147 is a dedicated sickle bar mower tractor. Only get's used a couple times a year, but sure glad it's there for those times...

Attachments

#8 ·
Voting for GTtalk Featured Tractor of the Month for the month of August has now officially started and will end the last day of July. This month's theme is implements.

The winner will be featured on the GTtalk Home Page for the entire month of August and in our Featured Tractor Section for infinity.

We have 6 nominations this month. Before voting please be sure to check out all the entries in the posts below. Good Luck to all the entrants. Let the Voting Begin!

#10 ·
Good race going on, who's gunna win. Hard to pick which one to vote for.

Noel

Reactions: chieffan
#11 ·
Everybody must be on vacation !!!!!! Hardly anybody voting.

Noel

Reactions: KennyP
Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.