• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 14,809 Thanks
  • 18,052 posts

Posted July 10, 2017 - 10:18 AM

Browsing through some I already see many flaws in them.

Problem with the big places like that is they have no idea what they are making in the first place and have no association or first hand experience with Bolens products to get quality standards established.

• wilberj, LPBolens, blackjackjakexxix and 3 others have said thanks

#3 WrenchinOnIt ONLINE  

WrenchinOnIt
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8592
  • 3,523 Thanks
  • 956 posts

Posted July 10, 2017 - 01:31 PM

Pretty sure they get them from Maple Hunter. IMO decal suppliers as follows :

Maple Hunter = Good < Decent Quality and Economically Priced

Click-it-and-stick-it = Better < Very Good Quality, Excellent Material, Priced Accordingly.

Sam's Bolens = Best < Excellent Material, Detail is Outstanding, Like Artwork, Pricey
  • Bolens 1000, wilberj, blackjackjakexxix and 5 others have said thanks

#4 LPBolens ONLINE  

LPBolens

Tractorholic

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 874
  • 1,329 Thanks
  • 949 posts

Posted July 10, 2017 - 02:35 PM

The issue I have had with the MapleHunter decals has typically been related to accuracy. The decals may look okay and be of decent quality, but they may not be identical to the factory decals. If all you want is a set of decals that look okay, they and Jensales are acceptable. I much prefer Sam's, and Click-It-andStick-It for decals Sam's does not have. As an example, I was really impressed with the decals they made for my Bulldog trencher; Sam's would probably never have those.

• wilberj, blackjackjakexxix, Austen and 3 others have said thanks

#5 logmillingman OFFLINE  

logmillingman
  • Member No: 68213
  • 387 Thanks
  • 228 posts

Posted July 11, 2017 - 11:49 AM

I agree looks like Maple Hunter, the pictures of the decals are the same as Maple Hunter's web site and Maple Hunter is cheaper.

Great people to order from at Maple Hunter but the decals are not totally accurate, I got a set for my H14 1456 and the wording is different and the FMC logo color on the hood decals are red instead of white. But to tell you the truth I like the red FMC logo better, (adds some color to the hood) and for a daily working tractor more than fine for me. If I was doing a show tractor I would use Sam's Bolens decals. Real nice high quality and accurate decals, but twice the price as Maple Hunter.

• stiemmy said thank you

#6 Austen ONLINE  

Austen
  • Member No: 33768
  • 1,461 Thanks
  • 841 posts

Posted July 11, 2017 - 04:15 PM

Pretty sure they get them from Maple Hunter. IMO decal suppliers as follows :

Maple Hunter = Good < Decent Quality and Economically Priced

Click-it-and-stick-it = Better < Very Good Quality, Excellent Material, Priced Accordingly.

Sam's Bolens = Best < Excellent Material, Detail is Outstanding, Like Artwork, Pricey

I concur.

I agree looks like Maple Hunter, the pictures of the decals are the same as Maple Hunter's web site and Maple Hunter is cheaper.

Great people to order from at Maple Hunter but the decals are not totally accurate, I got a set for my H14 1456 and the wording is different and the FMC logo color on the hood decals are red instead of white. But to tell you the truth I like the red FMC logo better, (adds some color to the hood) and for a daily working tractor more than fine for me. If I was doing a show tractor I would use Sam's Bolens decals. Real nice high quality and accurate decals, but twice the price as Maple Hunter.

I agree, I've contacted Maple in the past and they have really good customer service.

The quality in which you get really comes down to what you pay for.

• bprzyw, stiemmy and logmillingman have said thanks