• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Bigtiller707 OFFLINE  

Bigtiller707
  • Member No: 87566
  • 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted July 08, 2017 - 04:42 PM

Greetings fellow gardeners/farmers. I'm the new kid on the block. Just joined the GTtalk forum today.

I'm hoping that this forum will point me in the right direction for deciding what to do with my old Frazer tiller that I've owned for over 40 years. This tiller is like a family member; I can't begin to tell you of all the experiences I've had with this great machine.

Unfortunately as I have grown older my tiller had to be retired (like me) It's been sitting untouched in dry storage for 15 years or more.

Even though it was in running condition when I parked it for the last time it has fallen into disrepair.

At this point I'm not really sure what to do with it. Part of me would like to get it up and running again but I don't think I could handle

this Big Boy anymore. The tires are shot and I'm sure the oil seals have all gone bad. It definitely needs some TLC.

I actually used to have two of these; a B1-6 and B1-7 and probably have enough parts laying around to build another one.

I used to work on these tillers when I was younger.

Alright, so here's my questions:

Are there original manufacturer parts still available anywhere?

Are there any repair shops in the Bay Area (San Francisco) that can refurbish Frazer Tillers? (I can't seem to find anyone)

...or are there any Forum members that would be interested in purchasing my old friend with a multitude of extra parts. (Lots of parts!)

I would entertain any reasonable offer. I'm just looking for someone who loves and respects these tillers as much as I do.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

~ Gregg

Sonoma, CA

#2 tractorskipper OFFLINE  

tractorskipper
  • Member No: 25019
  • 247 Thanks
  • 195 posts

Posted July 08, 2017 - 10:19 PM

Welcome.

Check out this link

http://www.zucksroto...rs.com/Joe.html

Skip

#3 tractorskipper OFFLINE  

tractorskipper
  • Member No: 25019
  • 247 Thanks
  • 195 posts

Posted July 08, 2017 - 10:24 PM

Another link.

http://www.frazerrototillerparts.com/

Skip

#4 speedbird OFFLINE  

speedbird
  • Member No: 8857
  • 277 Thanks
  • 144 posts

Posted July 09, 2017 - 09:25 AM

Isn't funny how as we get older these machines take a lot more effort to do any work on them. Floyd.

• Bigtiller707 said thank you

#5 Bigtiller707 OFFLINE  

Bigtiller707
  • 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted July 09, 2017 - 09:28 AM

Thanks so much, Skip. I had given up on finding any new parts at all.

There's some used parts on eBay but not many.

I guess now I need to decide whether I want to get her up and running again; only to turn around and sell her

Thanks again.

~ Gregg

#6 Bigtiller707 OFFLINE  

Bigtiller707
  • 0 Thanks
  • 4 posts

Posted July 09, 2017 - 09:44 AM

Isn't funny how as we get older these machines take a lot more effort to do any work on them. Floyd.

Ain't that the truth!  30 years ago I used to be able to turn this machine on a dime and operate it in tight quarters.

I had lots of practice. Having fully functional hub-clutches certainly did help, tho...

~ Gregg

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: rebuilding, parts