• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 douggina44 OFFLINE  

douggina44
  • Member No: 87541
  • 4 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted July 06, 2017 - 02:58 PM

I picked up a rough looking 234-01 that I want to restore mechanically for use as a working tractor. I've replaced the tires, overhauled the engine, I was able to buy bearings & seal for the differential area but need to go through the transmission as well. The tractor operates in all three gears but the transmission was full of water. Thanks to this site for the operators and parts manual I downloaded last night. It's a goldmine of information but I've had no luck locating the Bolens part numbers for the transmission bearings and seals. Is anyone aware of a part number conversion resource or a supplier that would be able to convert the part numbers to what the market recognizes? Thanks for whatever help I can get.

• blackjackjakexxix said thank you

#2 Bruce Dorsi ONLINE  

Bruce Dorsi

Old, but not dead -- yet!

• -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 1525
  • 3,867 Thanks
  • 2,431 posts

Posted July 06, 2017 - 04:57 PM

:wave:Welcome to GTT

There are vendors on this site which may be able to supply the correct parts you need.

Having said that, most bearings & seals are standard sizes, and can be purchased through local sources IF you have a sample of what you need.   ....As long as the parts can be measured, bearing supply houses and some auto parts stores can help you.

• 29 Chev said thank you

#3 Bolens 1000 ONLINE  

Bolens 1000

DR. Bolens

• Staff Admin
  • Staff
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 7
  • 14,614 Thanks
  • 17,955 posts

Posted July 06, 2017 - 05:26 PM

Welcome to GTT :wave:

I think you are the one who bought the oil seal from me?

#4 douggina44 OFFLINE  

douggina44
  • Member No: 87541
  • 4 Thanks
  • 5 posts

Posted July 06, 2017 - 05:36 PM

That's me. I bought the seal and belts. Thanks for steering me to this site. The manual is an excellent resource. I looked on your site but saw only one bearing you have in stock. I'll email you with the others to see what you can do. Other option, take it apart and source the parts by size. 

• Bolens 1000 said thank you

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: transmission, differential