• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Dugmf12 OFFLINE  

Dugmf12
  • Member No: 57577
  • 87 Thanks
  • 55 posts

Posted July 04, 2017 - 09:23 AM

I recently bought a Massey 14 for parts and the center rockshaft was one of the parts I needed.  I looked at it last night a little, removed a couple set screws on the collars close to the frame rails.  Now what happens next?  i tapped a little bit on the end of the shaft itself, thinking if it slid out one way, I could remove the collars/bushings to remove from tractor.  Has anybody ever removed one of these?  Any suggestions would be helpful.  Thanks

Doug

#2 esbbent OFFLINE  

esbbent

• Member No: 1183
  • 390 Thanks
  • 229 posts

Posted July 04, 2017 - 11:04 AM

Doug

I have removed a few of the rockshaft's on the MF 14's. Best way I have found is to clean up the shaft in the center with a buffing pad on a die grinder or emery cloth so at least one of the lift hangers can move to the center of the rod. Soak the parts with WD40, pb blaster or whatever you use and then tap of the lift hangers to the center of the rod. Once you get one of the hanger to the center you can slide the rod thru one of the bushings, take the bushing out and then slide the other direction and take the other bushing out. Then you should have enough play to remove the shaft.

Attached Files

• DMAX, MH81 and Dugmf12 have said thanks

#3 Dugmf12 OFFLINE  

Dugmf12
  • 87 Thanks
  • 55 posts

Posted July 04, 2017 - 11:03 PM

Thank you for the detailed process.  After I posted my question, the thought came to me to check Agco-parts book, saw the parts how they come together.  Your response helps a lot, knowing now what all is in there.  There is a lot of rust build up on the shaft/bushings/hangers.  I'm glad that it can be done.  Thanks again for the tip.

#4 Dugmf12 OFFLINE  

Dugmf12
  • 87 Thanks
  • 55 posts

Posted July 12, 2017 - 11:41 AM

Thanks to esbbent, I have my rockshaft out of parts tractor.  Been spraying Sea Foam soaking/foaming product, was not working.  Mixed up some acetone and atf, wired brushed where the right side hanger and shaft meet, jacked up the left side of the tractor, then brushed several applications to the right side jackshaft/hanger area.  I was then able to tap the right hanger toward the center of the shaft.  It is now installed on the tractor I needed it on.  This is really a great site to get help.  Nothing better than experience from others when you don't have any yourself. 

Doug

• olcowhand said thank you