(Has 8hp briggs in it from the same period or older)
Got it going!
Had a sheared drive pin on one of the hubs. (snapper rear engine rider type as posted before) Put a Grade 8 bolt in it for now.
Was able to diagnose it pretty quickly and get it going yesterday. Spent rest of day greasing up everything and running it. Has a older briggs 8hp someone put onto it. Carb is pretty bad even though it was cleaned and fiddled with. Probably buy a new one and see how she does. Muffler was in poor shape. I removed it, Only took two hours... Put new Arnold brand on it. Still pretty loud. Changed oil and plug. Even at its highest deck setting it still cut's really low. It's up as high as it will go.. I'll have to sort that out or put bigger wheels and tires on it.
Everything works on it though. I sharpened and balanced the blades. They were pretty bad. Could stand to use new belts which are all still available surprisingly. Doesn't have original seat.
It wants to run on the choke and even then its not so great. But it runs well enough to let my 4 year old drive it around out front yard. I have sea-foam in the tank to see if that will help it. Or if not, I guess Next up, carb and belt's. I want to use it. I have a few old timer mini riders that see front yard duty along with it. It's pretty stupid fast in top gear at full tilt. Friggen wheelie machine as well. Super sketchy in second and third. Probably just do a cosmetic resto on it once I get the engine sorted.
Anyway... here is a pic of My son and I bobbing around in my front yard. I used the little toro to cut the grass prior to this.