I started out this morning to pull the motor and then one part at a time to get them ready to restore/paint. Things didn't go that way though. I started out at 8:30, and just couldn't stop. By 12 noon it was all apart as you see it here. I was pretty lucky that nothing was broken of any bolts broke. I guess it's paid off over the years to keep it covered up when not in use.
One thing I found interesting while taking it apart. During the years of using this tractor, when ever I turned the steering wheel the clutch peddle would move at the same time. I always found that kind of strange. Well, as I have been using 29 Chev's 1053 post as a resource and reference along the way, when I went to remove the nut on the front of the drive assembly, there wasn't one there. Now I understand why the peddle moved when I turned the wheels. The whole assembly was moving in and out.
Now it's time to package everything up and make a list of bushings and bearings etc. that I'll need to order. Then start cleaning up one section at a time. The motor will be taken care of after I get the rolling frame back together. But that'll take time due to other jobs that have been coming in.
Edited by LRCXed, July 22, 2017 - 02:41 PM.