• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 hddlh OFFLINE  

hddlh

• Member No: 8018
  • 43 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted June 30, 2017 - 09:28 AM

Looking to purchase this baird beaver garden tractor via long distance.  It's complete but currently not running.  I don't know if it just needs gas or requires some repair.  Trying to put a fair value on it, there aren't many for sale and never even seen one in the midwest.  I'm not worried about having to do a little work, but figuring out what it's worth is tough.  There was a restored one in lawn and garden tractor magazine for around $1400.

Can anyone give me an idea of a price range?  I'm guessing in the midwest it would be higher because there aren't any for sale.

Attached Thumbnails

• mtype3.jpg
  • 20170515_130746.jpeg
  • 20170515_130803.jpeg
  • 20170515_130814.jpeg

• Oldford said thank you

#2 New.Canadian.DB.Owner OFFLINE  

New.Canadian.DB.Owner
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 10178
  • 2,325 Thanks
  • 1,496 posts

Posted June 30, 2017 - 11:36 AM

As far as I know, there isn't a "Blue Book" for garden tractors.  It is worth exactly what you are willing to pay for it.  Just because someone sticks an exorbitant price on a turd, doesn't make valuable.  It just means he is an idiot.  (Not referring to the tractor in the magazine, just a general comment.)  You can't use "offers to sell" as a guideline, ever.  All that matters is the next sale price, and that is the one you are planning to make.

• RustyB said thank you

#3 RustyB ONLINE  

RustyB
  • Member No: 82061
  • 99 Thanks
  • 66 posts

Posted June 30, 2017 - 12:59 PM

I do not have any idea what it's worth, but I would like to have it. For me that's a great find. I hope it's priced fair and you get to give it a new home.
  • Oldford said thank you

#4 hddlh OFFLINE  

hddlh

• Member No: 8018
  • 43 Thanks
  • 72 posts

Posted June 30, 2017 - 01:13 PM

There in lies the crux of the problem, is it a fair price.  If they typically bring $500 and that's what owner wants for it that's great, maybe even $600 or $700 if it's really high on your list,  but if he wants $1000 it's not happening.  There's always a range in prices, but just because I want it, I'm not paying twice what they typically sell for.  I'm just trying to find a price range, not specific value.

#5 poncho62 ONLINE  

poncho62
  • Member No: 42
  • 1,363 Thanks
  • 1,525 posts

Posted June 30, 2017 - 07:10 PM

Not running?......I would be on the low side of the scale for a not running machine.

#6 jabelman OFFLINE  

jabelman
  • Member No: 38843
  • 2,019 Thanks
  • 1,487 posts

Posted June 30, 2017 - 08:01 PM

it got hit or something on the front with the steering damaging the hood?, looks like someone was hard on the beaver

#7 Oldford OFFLINE  

Oldford
  • -GTt Supporter-
  • Member No: 50409
  • 1,134 Thanks
  • 786 posts

Posted July 01, 2017 - 05:40 AM

no idea but it's a cool lookin machine for sure

#8 oldiron1 OFFLINE  

oldiron1
  • Member No: 43924
  • 403 Thanks
  • 256 posts

Posted July 17, 2017 - 05:06 PM

As you implied, location is everything. I (also live in Wisconsin) had never seen one locally and jumped at the chance to buy a nice Beaver for $750 a few years ago. Anyone out east thought I was nuts as you see them in New England all over for a few hundred bucks but rarely see them in the midwest. I think $1K even here is top end for a restored runner, but it's worth whatever you're willing to pay for it as the old adage goes.

Good Luck! Rob

• hddlh said thank you