• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Boskee84 OFFLINE  

Boskee84
  • Member No: 87484
  • 0 Thanks
  • 1 posts

Posted June 29, 2017 - 12:57 PM

Does anyone have a diagram and know what size belt for a ford lgt 165 mower. I am not sure how to run the belt. Or even an owners manual would be great. Thanks I just bought it and don't know much

#2 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 12,135 Thanks
  • 8,864 posts

Posted June 29, 2017 - 05:34 PM

Welcome to GTT. Those Ford LGTs are great tractors. Go into our Manuals Section and download the manuals for it(3 for free per day). Post some pics to identify which series you have(openside or closed side). I have 3 Ford LGT openside tractors. They are really nice when working right. Post questions and pics to clarify when you need help. I figure the manuals will help you alot. Good Luck, Rick

#3 bengriswold OFFLINE  

bengriswold
  • Member No: 87402
  • 5 Thanks
  • 3 posts

Posted June 29, 2017 - 06:53 PM

I just dealt with this issue so I'll chime in; Mine took a 81" inch 1/2 v belt.  I bought it at Napa auto parts.  A lot of places need a part # which of course I didn't have and would be totally obsolete so Napa was specifically recommended to me because they will just lookup belts by length.  Brought my old belt in and the guy at the counter brought out a couple sizes. Reading on a bunch of these forums I've heard others say 82" and some even say 83".  The belt that was on it when I bought it (well used mind you) was 82"  but it was being thrown off when I engaged the Pto to run the mower after 5 mins or so. The guy also had a 80 inch belt he had bought and I tried to get that one for about 10 mins to no avail so I knew it would either be the 81 or a not so stretched out 82.  Comparing them in the store stretched out made all the difference.  The manual download should give all the details of how to route it.  

Good Luck! 

Edited by bengriswold, June 30, 2017 - 01:08 PM.

• boyscout862, TomLGT195 and pryan05 have said thanks

#4 boyscout862 ONLINE  

boyscout862
  • Contributor
  • Member No: 8923
  • 12,135 Thanks
  • 8,864 posts

Posted June 30, 2017 - 12:40 PM

I just dealt with this issue so I'll chime in; Mine took a 81" inch 1/2 v belt.  I bought it at Napa auto parts.  A lot of places need a part # which of course I didn't have and would be totally obsolete so Napa was specifically recommended to me because they will just get just lookup belts by length.  Brought my old belt in and the guy at the counter brought out a couple sizes. Reading on a bunch of these forums I've heard others say 82" and some even say 83".  The belt that was on it when I bought it (well used mind you) was 82"  but it was being thrown off when I engaged the Pto to run the mower after 5 mins or so. The guy also had a 80 inch belt he had bought and I tried to get that one for about 10 mins to no avail so I knew it would either be the 81 or a not so stretched out 82.  Comparing them in the store stretched out made all the difference.  The manual download should give all the details of how to route it.  

Good Luck! 

Welcome to GTT. Good Luck, Rick