My son Parker and I have finally started on his Cub 123 that we bought back in March (Here's the link http://gardentractor...bolen-and-plow/). The first thing we did was install the starter/generator.
Next was the carb.. He took it off but I took it apart and showed him it worked. I was surprised how clean it was on the inside. I sprayed it down with carb cleaner, blew it out with compressed air, and reassembled it. It's good to go!
Third was the voltage regulator. The old one did not have a cover so I'm replacing it with one from a Cub 122 parts tractor. I got some questions about these regulators before I can reinstall the new used one. I will probably start a new thread for that once I do some research.
The only other thing that needs to be done is order a new ignition switch (old one was missing) and pick-up a new battery. More to come once we get the parts. Hopefully everything works as it should. If all goes well I will install one of the mowing decks that I have laying around and let him start mowing our 2 acres of grass.