• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#31 ssmewing OFFLINE  

ssmewing
  • Member No: 53022
  • 41 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted July 02, 2017 - 06:40 PM

The spring is difficult to put on correctly. I did it wrong the first time. I am very experienced and still did it wrong.

Did you see that the spring was making the float lift?

Did you verify that the needle is fine and the rubber tip was not broken? You did get one with the Vinton, a type of rubber on the tip?

Sent from my XT1097 using Tapatalk

#32 Beardo OFFLINE  

Beardo
  • Member No: 87460
  • 2 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted July 02, 2017 - 06:51 PM

Yeah I did it wrong the first time and it was to much pressure on the float. Now I got it and the float moves, and the spring applys very light pressure on it. Yes I checked the needle and seat. Needle looks brand new. It is the rubber tiled. There is no marks. And the seats good and clean.

#33 ssmewing OFFLINE  

ssmewing
  • 41 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted July 02, 2017 - 07:16 PM

IDK. The things are not that complicated. The needle and float control the fuel in the bowl. The high and low speed needles then meter it from there.

Try to figure out a way to check the needle and seat with the top off.

Back in the thread I mentioned a gasket difference. Round hole verses oval. That caused me issues. The gasket has to exactly match the carb cuts.

#34 Beardo OFFLINE  

Beardo
  • Member No: 87460
  • 2 Thanks
  • 18 posts

Posted July 02, 2017 - 08:51 PM

I forgot all about trying the other gasket. That was the problem. I appreciate all the help! If I looked closer to the schematic I should have seen that.

#35 ssmewing OFFLINE  

ssmewing
  • 41 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted July 02, 2017 - 08:55 PM

Glad it worked.

#36 Georgia SS OFFLINE  

Georgia SS
  • Member No: 70125
  • 41 Thanks
  • 32 posts

Posted July 02, 2017 - 09:14 PM

Hey Guys

I am truly exhausted from all that carb. work, hard to restrain my self from jumping in there, those little carbs. have eat my groceries, they can be a pain in the but, think some times they have a mind of their own and laugh at an old man. put you a nikki on and be very happy.

HANG IN THERE

JIMMY

#37 ssmewing OFFLINE  

ssmewing
  • 41 Thanks
  • 49 posts

Posted July 03, 2017 - 07:43 AM

Hey Guys

I am truly exhausted from all that carb. work, hard to restrain my self from jumping in there, those little carbs. have eat my groceries, they can be a pain in the but, think some times they have a mind of their own and laugh at an old man. put you a nikki on and be very happy.

HANG IN THERE

JIMMY

I have messed with both. The DD13 I like because you can adjust the high-speed fuel mixture. The rebuild takes more parts and you need ALL the correct parts. Most the frustration comes from kits sold that won't work because they are knock off kits. By rights when the kits bought on fleece bay don't work, they should be returned.

The Nikki has a very small number of parts it is mostly knowing exactly where to clean OR knowing someone with an ultrasonic carb cleaner. The Nikki carb runs at the edge when its is clean and runs lean when it has any slight crud build up. That potentially can kill the engine or cause other problems.